• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

POLL: Does your spouse refuse to drive an EV?

Is your spouse anti having an EV as their primary driver?

• My husband refuses to drive an EV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

serspcv2003

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MachE 2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Team Lead
My wife was against driving an EV for a few months after I bought a Mach E. I took her on a few road trips and finally convinced her to drive. She started taking the Mach E on around town errands. After a few weeks she wanted her own. So I gave her my Mach E and traded her Bronco in on a Lightning. She is happy and excited to drive an EV and I am happy to finally get a Lightning.
Sponsored

Kilimmaic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Fortunately, my wife is on board with driving an EV, which has been fantastic! However, like any vehicle, EVs may still require maintenance and repairs from time to time. Recently, I've been looking for a reliable repair service to make sure our EV stays in top condition, what about servicing stop? Plus, driving an EV aligns with our values of sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint, making it a choice we're both happy to stand by.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
After her driving the Lightning I had to get her a Volvo C40 that she loves.
At first she didn't know why I was getting the lightning and said she wouldn't use one pedal driving if she drove it at all. She loved both the Lightning and one pedal driving instantly. I tell her why do I always have to drag you into the future kicking and screaming, like when I brought home the first HD Tivo DVR (800.00) I was trying to sneak it in and she was there in the garage hallway when I opened the door. Told her what it was and she said why do we need that? And showing her the first 24 hour HD channel Mark Cubin started, she said she couldn't she the difference šŸ¤£ yeah right..
It's hard to know where `20 years went, but Marks HD station and the HD TiVo were incredible compared to what we had watched for many years before that. That box helped usher in the way we watch TV today.

OP
OP

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Talk about bad luck with the spouse. So after 37 days of my LER being in the shop, and going in one last time to get the issue repaired. I finally get it back. I'm trying to get my wife used to it, so I encourage her to take it so she can drop off the kids at grandmas house. She goes across town, and while running some errands with my in-law; the instrument panel goes blank on her. I don't know what it is, maybe she has bad EV juju. First time she drives one, LER goes into limp mode. Second time she drives it she gets a blank instrument panel. Now my in-law is not impressed. Not scoring any points here. I'm hoping Ford approves Lemon-law and that if we decide to replacement with another LER it will redeem everything this first one has put us through.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Talk about bad luck with the spouse. So after 37 days of my LER being in the shop, and going in one last time to get the issue repaired. I finally get it back. I'm trying to get my wife used to it, so I encourage her to take it so she can drop off the kids at grandmas house. She goes across town, and while running some errands with my in-law; the instrument panel goes blank on her. I don't know what it is, maybe she has bad EV juju. First time she drives one, LER goes into limp mode. Second time she drives it she gets a blank instrument panel. Now my in-law is not impressed. Not scoring any points here. I'm hoping Ford approves Lemon-law and that if we decide to replacement with another LER it will redeem everything this first one has put us through.
Not sure what causes it, but a number of us have had the instrument screen go blank. There's a fuse you can pull, wait a minute, then put back in which seems to reset it and it'll come back.
https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...r-has-gone-dark-fix-post-19.15413/post-333031

Sponsored

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
It's hard to know where `20 years went, but Marks HD station and the HD TiVo were incredible compared to what we had watched for many years before that. That box helped usher in the way we watch TV today.
I remember watching that channel for hours.
I've yet to see a better dvr menu than Tivo.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2022 Mustang Mach-E
My partner is enthusiastic about driving an EV. She has the Mustang and I have the Lightning. No dead-dino-juice vehicles any more (well, no street vehicles--we have tractors that still use the stuff).

spireland

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Proton Salesperson
ROFL.

My wife bought a Mach-E because she liked the Lightning EV experience so much.

No Oil HaHa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
My wife is fine with EVs but she wonā€™t get one until Lincoln comes out with their line up.

Sheā€™s not opposed to road tripping in the Lightning, probably since we have little kids and hopefully can time our charge stops with restroom, food breaks and stretchingā€¦. Probably wonā€™t work out the way weā€™re hoping though! :crackup:

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Only if itā€™s an ugly EV. She is the exact opposite of me. I could care less about looks, but it might be the most important thing on her checklist. Obviously talking about cars and not people herešŸ˜‚

Sponsored
OP
OP

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
There's been more than one time that I leave a place with a bathroom and within minutes at least one of the 3 kids decides "NOW" is the time they need to go to the bathroom. :crackup:

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
My wife is actually the one driving the EV...haha...her morning commute is longer so she gets the Lightning and I get the hybrid. She loves having an EV because all evidence pointed towards her having an allergy to gas stations...I was consistently filling up her car with "20 miles to empty". I have since tried to convince her we should buy a second Lightning (because I love driving the truck and dealerships in Montana are having a hard time selling them) but alas, Montana can still be a charger desert and we take long road trips in the winter.

scoobybri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT w/Max Tow and TT Packs
My wife is the one who started our EV adventures. In early 2017, she decided that she was tired of pumping CO2 into the atmosphere on her commutes. The Chevy Bolt had just been released and we became converts immediately. I bought a Bolt for myself less than a year later. In 2021, we sold her Bolt and GM bought mine back. We also sold all of our ICE vehicles (2019 F150 Ecoboost and 2020 Hyundai hybrid) and rolled everything into a Tesla Model Y and Model 3. No more ICE ever. I wanted a Lightning when they were released but wasn't going to pay $10k+ over MSRP. So I waited until now and just picked up a fully loaded 23 XLT ER with Max Tow for $20k below sticker. Model Y was sold. As much as we are not fans of Elon, I don't think I can convince the wife to part with her Model 3. I was glad to pass the Model Y on. It was an appliance that moved me around. I actually love my Lightning.
Sponsored