• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power running boards requires ER package!?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
$255 seemed like an ok price to add power running boards...but what's this now????
Ford F-150 Lightning Power running boards requires ER package!? powerRunningBoard.PNG

Was pricing a SR Lariat with just max tow (for the extra cooling, I'm in a hot desert afterall) and saw I could add the power running boards and still be well under. Guess not... :(
Does anyone know if these are lighted as well? I'm still on the fence about taking the headlong plunge into the deep end of the pool. I could really use that tax credit to ease the pain, but the extra range (and slightly better charge curve) would make road trips a little nicer. We take a 320 mile visit to grandparents a couple times a year. The most reliable DCFC is 175miles, after a mountain pass. Might be too much during the winter on a SR. There is one that's about 90 miles but reviews say there's typically 1 of 4 working and something none. So do I go hog wild or prudent and wait out better infrastucture? Choices....
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The Order Guide states that the power running boards are only available on the 511A package.

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I was in the same boat you are in regarding the tax credit. The price increase over the last year pushed my desired configuration above the mark. Given how little I am driving, I ended settling for the standard range. The few longer trips we take would require charging anyways, so it did not make much of a difference.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where is the order guide? Did I overlook it from the order page?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Where is the order guide? Did I overlook it from the order page?
It's a Ford dealer document but has been posted here on the forum. Quick search should find it.

Sponsored

Prmaverick

First Name
Alex Rivera
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I just got my lightning and got the power running boards, their nice but yes you don't get light on them for the 360 zone lightning. For me it's not a big biggy since you still have side lights coming from the side mirrors I like the clean look when stowed but yes extended range requires that big jump $$$ sadly.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got my lightning and got the power running boards, their nice but yes you don't get light on them for the 360 zone lightning. For me it's not a big biggy since you still have side lights coming from the side mirrors I like the clean look when stowed but yes extended range requires that big jump $$$ sadly.
After talking it over with the family we are leaning toward getting the ER. I think we'll opt for the power running boards too. I forgot about the zone lighting, thanks for that feedback!
Sponsored