• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Puddle, running board, tailgate lights stayed on 5 minutes

First Name
RLH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MMEGTPE, 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Owner
Yes, truck was just shut off at the time. Today found the Welcome Lighting was turned On after I saw this evening that they came on again. I would swear that I checked to see that the setting was turned off when I was investigating the lights staying on (Settings, Vehicle, Lighting). Oh, well, I will be keeping an eye on this occurring again. I might try setting the Welcome Lighting to On again, because I want to see the center audio buttons glowing again and time them out, if they do go out!
I’m having a similar issue with the lights remaining on after the most recent OTA 6.8. I’ve corrected the settings that were changed by the update and it still has gremlins. First issue I’ve had at all in the 21 months I’ve had my Lighting Plat.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
OP says the keys were on a bench 8 feet away. That is probably in range for the approach lighting..
It has nothing to do with “in range”. The trigger is moving from not in range to in range. My key sits in or near the truck all the time in my garage.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
It has nothing to do with “in range”. The trigger is moving from not in range to in range. My key sits in or near the truck all the time in my garage.
Yeah, that makes sense. Pretty sure my light anomaly was only during the door module update a couple of days after the 6.8.0 update. Interesting that @22LightningPlat had settings change with 6.8.0. I have the Lariat ER but didn't notice any changes in the lighting sets (approach lightning remained off). As usual, 6.8.0 wiped out my radio presets.

First Name
RLH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Yeah, that makes sense. Pretty sure my light anomaly was only during the door module update a couple of days after the 6.8.0 update. Interesting that @22LightningPlat had settings change with 6.8.0. I have the Lariat ER but didn't notice any changes in the lighting sets (approach lightning remained off). As usual, 6.8.0 wiped out my radio presets.
I was just able to correct the issue by disconnecting the negative cable on the 12V battery for a couple of minutes. This forces a reboot and when reconnected, the issue was resolved.

OP
OP
GoodSam

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
light anomaly was only during the door module update a couple of days after the 6.8.0 update.
Did the door module update show as a software update? Last I show is 6.8. Intermittent problems are tough to figure out.
I do not think the headlamps came on, only the light bar blinked on a couple of times. Hmm, I need to check my security camera footage. Would make for a entertaining Youtube post.

SSM 51058
2021-2022 F-150 - Headlamps Turn On By Themselves When Vehicle Is Off -
DTC B1533.

Some 2021-2022 F-150 vehicles may exhibit a condition of intermittent headlamp operation while the vehicle is OFF and have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B1533 stored in the body control module (BCM).
This may be due to the internal logic within the headlamp switch. Switch and/or module replacement will not resolve this condition. Headlamp operation is not affected while the vehicle is ON. A new headlamp switch is currently under development to correct this condition. Let the customer know they can continue to drive the vehicle and schedule a follow-up appointment in December 2022, when parts are expected to become available. Follow up with the customer to confirm the appointment once OASIS is updated with the repair information.

First Name
RLH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Never noticed these lights staying on for any length of time before. Welcome lighting is turned Off. Keys laying 8 feet away on bench in front of truck. Also front light bar came on periodically during this time. Plus noticed center 12" display glowing. Truck is charging. Voltage sensor in 12V socket of dash is on reading 14.6V, hmm...that turned off after 10-15 minutes. Ford.com account shows 88% charge for 12V system.
After they all turned off, the center audio buttons are still glowing. Update 6.8 was a few days ago.
Any ideas if all this is normal?
This happened to me last week after an update. It wasn’t a setting, but simply a gremlin. Disconnected the negative 12v battery cable for a couple minutes then reconnected. This causes a forced reboot of the system. For me, it resolved the issue immediately without impacting any settings, etc.
Sponsored