• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Question: For those of you who were able to order a Lightning, did any of you defer to MY23?

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
I was pretty dead set on getting a Pro but as we all know it is sold out. I was wondering when it gave you the option to defer, did it defer your Pro build until next year? Or did they only give you the option of deferment without your preferred build? It would be nice to know just in case Ford plans to limit the Pro model in 23. Thanks !
Sponsored

Brocked

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Ditch Digger
nope, ordered a Lariat. Golden ticket, cant extend.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I was pretty dead set on getting a Pro but as we all know it is sold out. I was wondering when it gave you the option to defer, did it defer your Pro build until next year? Or did they only give you the option of deferment without your preferred build? It would be nice to know just in case Ford plans to limit the Pro model in 23. Thanks !
I am in wave 2 and when I got to the initial order screen saw that the Pro was sold out. My immediate reaction was to hit the “Extend Reservation” button. It then took me to my reservation screen which now had a picture of a Pro on it (no front light strip). I took this to mean that I had extended the reservation specifically for the Pro. I can’t see the screen now because after some thought I followed a “change your configuration” link and went back to the first screen to order an XLT SR.

EDIT: I also just realized I got a confirmation email from Ford that I had extended my reservation for the Pro. I got a second email later confirming I had ordered an XLT.

Last edited:

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I tell you what happens when I get a chance to order. :)

OP
OP

GreasyLightning47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Lexus
I am in wave 2 and when I got to the initial order screen saw that the Pro was sold out. My immediate reaction was to hit the “Extend Reservation” button. It then took me to my reservation screen which now had a picture of a Pro on it (no front light strip). I took this to mean that I had extended the reservation specifically for the Pro. I can’t see the screen now because after some thought I followed a “change your configuration” link and went back to the first screen to order an XLT SR.

EDIT: I also just realized I got a confirmation email from Ford that I had extended my reservation for the Pro. I got a second email later confirming I had ordered an XLT.
Thanks. That brings me some peace knowing that we will hopefully be able to order the pro. I just need to find patience now.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard

Exactly what I did.

I immediately hit that extend button... Then went into extensional crisis for about 2 hours and came to the conclusion that XLT standard would be considered good deal if Ford didn't wave that big fat 40k price tag in everyone's face (and proceed to sell less than 100).

I have two ford f150 extended emails and one XLT order confirmation :) even after I intially selected the XLT I went back and extended the pro, but went back to XLT and finalized it with a deposit.
Sponsored