• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Random one pedal drive activation

Surfnturf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I have been experiencing random activation of the one pedal drive feature and today it almost caused someone to rear end me.

For some strange reason I've had my one pedal drive option activate on its own about 4 times (I never use this feature) since I've owned it. It was just a nuisance until today when it literally almost caused an accident as the truck aggressively braked in slow 20-25 mph traffic with someone following closely.

I thought that maybe I was accidentally activating it somehow but when it happened today I wasn't even in the drive mode screen so I'm certain it's doing it on its own.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
1PD should activate the brake lights automatically.

Have you checked if your brakes are turning on in 1PD mode ?

Mine has never turned on it's own.

For myself, I can't stand 1PD - too aggressive regen for my driving style (urban bumper to bumper traffic).

Feel like I am going to get car sick!

punkzappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
It happened to me just this morning. I had it turned off last night when I came home. This morning, I was surprised to see it turned on as I was coming out of the garage. I just hopped in a few minutes ago and noticed that it was turned off again.
All of the time, I made sure that my profile was being used. I remember a couple of instances in the past where all of my settings seemed to have been reset. It turned out, the Guest profile was being used instead of my own. It was not the case here.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have been experiencing random activation of the one pedal drive feature and today it almost caused someone to rear end me.

For some strange reason I've had my one pedal drive option activate on its own about 4 times (I never use this feature) since I've owned it. It was just a nuisance until today when it literally almost caused an accident as the truck aggressively braked in slow 20-25 mph traffic with someone following closely.

I thought that maybe I was accidentally activating it somehow but when it happened today I wasn't even in the drive mode screen so I'm certain it's doing it on its own.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your F-150 concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Is it possible that 1PD has somehow been mysteriously added to a "mykey" status for one key fob? It shouldn't do this but who knows with some of the zany OTA software updates Ford has.

This wouldn't explain 1PD activating in the middle of a trip but maybe for an entire trip.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Mine has turned on a couple of times by itself and I've never set up MyKey.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Mine has turned on a couple of times by itself and I've never set up MyKey.
Doesn't have anything to do with mykey, but it can be associated with a profile which can be tied to a fob. (not sure if that's what you and @p52Ranch meant or not but just want to be sure)

And agree with @p52Ranch that even that wouldn't explain it turning on/off in the middle of a trip. Very odd
Sponsored