• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

One pedal drive fault, collision avoidance malfunction, screen turns off

Shiftyjew

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 ligntning
Occupation
Contractor
Hi,
I'm on me second lightning. My 2022 model had many issues including one pedal drive malfunctions that allowed the vehicle to roll, screen issues, loose drivetrain with clunks, hood and tailgate malfunctions, and finally a defective battery that all lead to Ford buying back the truck. My new 2023 was supposed to be free of issues but within a month the one pedal drive fault happened and the drive stared slipping instead of stopping, the screen turns off freezes or restarts during driving, the tail gate doesn't work intermittently, and most recently the collision avoidance system malfunctioned on the freeway causing the truck to slam on the brakes and bring me to a screeching halt. Fortunately no one hit me. The dash showed a front camera fault and said the collision avoidance was no longer available. My dealer says there's no error codes and the system shows no signs of a malfunction. They say there's no one pedal drive fault (same as last truck) despite me having a picture of it on the dash. Has anyone else experienced issues like this? My dealer is trying to give me back the truck and I'm not having it. I started another buyback and hope to press Ford to expedite it this time. I spent a year on the 2022 before they agreed to take it back. I can't put my kids in this thing and don't feel its at all safe to drive.
Sponsored

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Check for loose wires at the fuse panel block and battery.

Ford F-150 Lightning One pedal drive fault, collision avoidance malfunction, screen turns off 1000001929

frautumn

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
despite me having a picture of it on the dash.
I always drive one pedal mode, have never seen a fault. Can we see your picture?

OP
OP

Shiftyjew

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 ligntning
Occupation
Contractor
I always drive one pedal mode, have never seen a fault. Can we see your picture?
I was backing into my driveway when this happened. Same with my first lighting but it locked up the drivetrain and the vehicle wouldn't move that time. Had to turn it off and lock and unlock doors to get it to drive again. This time it flashed the messages a few times and I was able to drive.

Ford F-150 Lightning One pedal drive fault, collision avoidance malfunction, screen turns off 1700089099311

Ford F-150 Lightning One pedal drive fault, collision avoidance malfunction, screen turns off 1700089129904

MODERATOR ACTION
CROPPED Photos

Last edited by a moderator:

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Obviously you need to hang a rabbit foot on your mirror to resolve these issues.

I wonder if a bird or a bug getting to close to the camera caused the collision avoidance incident. Mine did go off a few times when I was having fun. I think it is on the conservative side.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Shiftyjew

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 ligntning
Occupation
Contractor
Obviously you need to hang a rabbit foot on your mirror to resolve these issues.

I wonder if a bird or a bug getting to close to the camera caused the collision avoidance incident. Mine did go off a few times when I was having fun. I think it is on the conservative side.
A fault code for the camera was displayed on the dash. It didn't sense something. There was a clear malfunction. I'm looking for more people that have experienced this, or any of the other issues from my first post.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi,
I'm on me second lightning. My 2022 model had many issues including one pedal drive malfunctions that allowed the vehicle to roll, screen issues, loose drivetrain with clunks, hood and tailgate malfunctions, and finally a defective battery that all lead to Ford buying back the truck. My new 2023 was supposed to be free of issues but within a month the one pedal drive fault happened and the drive stared slipping instead of stopping, the screen turns off freezes or restarts during driving, the tail gate doesn't work intermittently, and most recently the collision avoidance system malfunctioned on the freeway causing the truck to slam on the brakes and bring me to a screeching halt. Fortunately no one hit me. The dash showed a front camera fault and said the collision avoidance was no longer available. My dealer says there's no error codes and the system shows no signs of a malfunction. They say there's no one pedal drive fault (same as last truck) despite me having a picture of it on the dash. Has anyone else experienced issues like this? My dealer is trying to give me back the truck and I'm not having it. I started another buyback and hope to press Ford to expedite it this time. I spent a year on the 2022 before they agreed to take it back. I can't put my kids in this thing and don't feel its at all safe to drive.
Hi Josh! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

OP
OP

Shiftyjew

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 ligntning
Occupation
Contractor
Hi Josh! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?
Sent
Sponsored