• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RAV Buyback/Lemon Law

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 MME, 1960 F100
Just because someone decided to pay more than MSRP doesn't mean anyone but the individual who paid the mark-up should be responsible. It's called personal responsibility. I know its an uncommon thing these days!
So if you are looking to purchase a Tv that is listed for $2,500 online at Amazon but is out of stock. So you go to Best Buy and the same tv is $2,700 but it’s in stock. Best Buy says no we won’t price match the tv.

You decide to pay the $2,700 knowing the msrp is $2,500. You get the tv home and after a month or two start having issues with it. You take the tv back to Best Buy and they agree to return it because of a manufacturer defect. But instead of giving you the $2,700 you paid, they tell you msrp is only $2,500….. I think any logical person would have an issue with this.

Has nothing to do with personal responsibility.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, and then I shut the truck off and it let me go on my way. Not my first time with this bullsht.
That’s really annoying. In my case, the truck would not go out of limp mode.

Last edited:

kwalt21

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
So if you are looking to purchase a Tv that is listed for $2,500 online at Amazon but is out of stock. So you go to Best Buy and the same tv is $2,700 but it’s in stock. Best Buy says no we won’t price match the tv.

You decide to pay the $2,700 knowing the msrp is $2,500. You get the tv home and after a month or two start having issues with it. You take the tv back to Best Buy and they agree to return it because of a manufacturer defect. But instead of giving you the $2,700 you paid, they tell you msrp is only $2,500….. I think any logical person would have an issue with this.

Has nothing to do with personal responsibility.
It absolutely 100% does. Using your analogy I would just wait until its back in stock, or maybe try another seller.. considering there are little over 3,000 dealers to choose from. It's well worth traveling hundreds of miles to find a Lightning at MSRP. It's been done numerous of times since the Lightning was released. I would quite literally drive across the country to find one for MSRP if that meant I would save $5K - $20K.

I will acknowledge some people didn't know there was going to be markup until the day of delivery, that's a whole other story. I don't agree with that kind of BS.

Lets be honest, this vehicle isn't a necessity. There are plenty of vehicles available for sale that can be purchased for way less, without markup, that can do just as much, if not more than the Lightning.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Just because someone decided to pay more than MSRP doesn't mean anyone but the individual who paid the mark-up should be responsible. It's called personal responsibility. I know its an uncommon thing these days!
I'm all about personal responsibility and especially these days. I'm a realist and don't cut much slack. I disagree with you here though.

If this were 3 years ago and they were dealing on an ICE or even this truck and you bought if for $5000 below MSRP and then end up with a buy back, do you think they are going to give you what you paid or the full MSRP? Then why doesn't it work the other way around?

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is all silly to argue about - terms in the buyback program state they give you back exactly what you paid including taxes, TTL and finance charges. Yes, even interest if financed through Ford.

Thanks for that information. I have called both of my case managers at Ford a combined 23 times in the past 2 weeks and have sent 6 emails. All have gone unreturned. Its to the point where they are just ignoring me and buying time, that's why Ive been looking to the forum for people who have gone through this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update:

The supervisor from BBB Auto Line called me yesterday to rein take my information because he couldn't see all the uploaded documents on his end of the system. Weird, because I was looking at the portal with everything uploaded as we had the phone conversation. He was really nice to work with and said that it's a strong case and I have the upper hand. That being said we will have an arbitration meeting scheduled for April 4th. He said there's a possibility Ford will try and settle before, but be prepared to state my facts in the meeting.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Out of curiosity, for those who are in the buyback process, when were your trucks built? Are these early 2022 builds or are they more recent?

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
They are for sure dragging their feet this time around with me. If I have to retain a lawyer and go through my states Lemon Law then that is what I am going to do.

OP
OP
cardinalrule

cardinalrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They are for sure dragging their feet this time around with me. If I have to retain a lawyer and go through my states Lemon Law then that is what I am going to do.

I would consider sending a notice to Ford stating that you are claiming lemon law. Get that paper trail going. Prior to Ford receiving my LL letter my truck was repaired 2 times and out of service for 31 days. After Ford received the letter my truck went out on me again and was towed to the dealership for repair. Since I notified Ford prior to the 3rd breakdown, that 3rd breakdown was considered Ford's final repair attempt. My hope is that Ford offers a buyback and we don't proceed with the LL case, but at least I have the LL in place as a backup while Ford drags their butt.

Sponsored

Drew47000000

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
I would consider sending a notice to Ford stating that you are claiming lemon law. Get that paper trail going. Prior to Ford receiving my LL letter my truck was repaired 2 times and out of service for 31 days. After Ford received the letter my truck went out on me again and was towed to the dealership for repair. Since I notified Ford prior to the 3rd breakdown, that 3rd breakdown was considered Ford's final repair attempt. My hope is that Ford offers a buyback and we don't proceed with the LL case, but at least I have the LL in place as a backup while Ford drags their butt.
Very anxious to hear what ever became of your buy back / Lemon case?! Just got denied but thinking about appealing.
Sponsored