• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Implementing the Lemon Law on a Lightning

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lariat Lightning, 18 F250 Lariat Diesel
Occupation
hard worker
Howdy, Monday marks the 30 day mark where my dealer has had my lightning and can't figure out what is wrong with it. In Arizona that is supposed to be enough to invoke the Lemon Law. Has anyone done this? Did you work through Ford? The dealer? or did you get a Lawyer? Any tips on how to move forward quickly? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Man I sure don’t know how that law works in Arizona, but I wanted to say I’m sorry to hear you are in that boat.

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Call Ford customer care number, it should be pretty straightforward and surprisingly easy.

Phone
Call us at 1-800-392-3673. | Monday - Friday 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. EST | Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
You may need a lawyer, but hopefully they would know if the truck qualifies as a lemon and will repurchase voluntarily. This may allow them to fix it without sticking actual lemon law branding on the vehicle (assuming they figure it out). Bummer that it has happened to you, but if they make enough of something some of them are bound to have problems. Good luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
There is a separate thread on it but current plan is to replace the front motor.

Antdaddy

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black Lariat
Occupation
Tech
In CA I bought a maverick hybrid in November 22 and took it to service in February 23 and March 23 same issue with 7,000 miles and had my check in my hand in June while truck still at service. Straight forward call Ford corporate but do it quick, I didn’t want the same truck back after they monkeyed around with engine and trans on my new truck. Last I heard they were still waiting on parts :) . They will give $1500-2000 credit towards another Ford and all your money back including taxes minus dealer adds and mileage. They do follow state law and they will tell you the guidelines.

OP
OP

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
thank you all, I will call the number monday Morning and try to move forward.

LMcqueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
I had mine bought back after it spent 64 days out of the first 120 I had it at the dealer. Ford moves somewhat slow. It took a lawyer and 2 months, but I finally turned it in last week. It took them another week to pay off my loan which just happened yesterday.

Depending on your state’s laws, some allow Attorney’s fees to be recouped.

There is also a free mediation process through the BBB. If you do this it pauses the time period you have to file under lemon law.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Last edited:

Sponsored

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
How does lemon law work with financing? Have to get new loan terms or is there a way to carry over the loan?

OP
OP

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
After a month at the dealer to replace the front motor which fixed this problem. Ford has completed a very fair buyback of this vehicle. I might purchase a new lightning or a Wrangler 4xe hybrid. Thanks all for the help!

jackman1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
lightning
Howdy, Monday marks the 30 day mark where my dealer has had my lightning and can't figure out what is wrong with it. In Arizona that is supposed to be enough to invoke the Lemon Law. Has anyone done this? Did you work through Ford? The dealer? or did you get a Lawyer? Any tips on how to move forward quickly? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Hi what was the issue you took it in for, I am trying top find out if it is the same issue that I am having

OP
OP

moder8tor

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
hard worker
Hi what was the issue you took it in for, I am trying top find out if it is the same issue that I am having
at about 35 mph when hitting the accelerator hard the motor would cut out for a second. Answer eventually was to replace motor. new ER lariat for $27.5K less is running fine.
Sponsored