• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Rivian announces 71K preorders so far and new 400K vehicle capacity plant in Georgia

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
I wouldn't mind putting our money with the new guy on the block, but possibly like Tesla, people will have issues getting parts. This is my reason to sticking with Ford, or GM.
My gut says Rivian is having bigger problems than they are letting on. The COO stepped down yesterday and they've struggled to ramp up production. I'm wondering if they possibly missed badly on the estimate of what it actually takes to build these new trucks from a cost and supply/logistics perspective. They weren't "cheap" to begin with, but I wouldn't be surprised to see their pricing increase significantly to cover the misses because they can't just sell trucks at a big loss for long. Amazon choosing to buy Electric vans from a Rivian competitor(Chrysler) didn't really seem right despite Rivian's effort to say it was no big deal.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
My gut says Rivian is having bigger problems than they are letting on. The COO stepped down yesterday and they've struggled to ramp up production. I'm wondering if they possibly missed badly on the estimate of what it actually takes to build these new trucks from a cost and supply/logistics perspective. They weren't "cheap" to begin with, but I wouldn't be surprised to see their pricing increase significantly to cover the misses because they can't just sell trucks at a big loss for long. Amazon choosing to buy Electric vans from a Rivian competitor(Chrysler) didn't really seem right despite Rivian's effort to say it was no big deal.
I saw the Amazon thing but this is the first I heard of the COO. That doesn't bode well. I'm sure they're not completely doomed but it seems like they have a steep uphill battle.
Sponsored