• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla announces Cybertruck deliveries in November, claims 125,000 production capacity

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
This one sounds actually official.

https://electrek.co/2023/10/18/tesla-cybertruck-deliveries-november-production-capacity/

Tesla has announced that Cybertruck deliveries will start in November and weirdly claims to have already deployed production capacity for 125,000 trucks per year.

Update: Tesla has now confirmed the delivery event will happen on November 30th.

Today, Tesla released its Q3 2023 financial results and as expected, there was an update about Cybertruck in there.

In the quarterly presentation, Tesla mentioned that “pilot production” of the Cybertruck has begun:

At Gigafactory Texas, we began pilot production of the Cybertruck, which remains on track for initial deliveries this year.
While that doesn’t include any new information, in the photo section of the presentation, Tesla added a comment confirming that “deliveries will begin in November 2023”:
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I am surprised that if they intend to start deliveries EOM November that they aren't allowing people to drive and review their current release candidates. The Lightning was available 10 months or so in advance. I understand the Cybertruck has absurd demand (for reasons I don't get but hey to each their own) but I wonder if people are still comfortable committing to what is likely going to be a 70K+ vehicle without seeing videos and reviews of people driving them.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I am surprised that if they intend to start deliveries EOM November that they aren't allowing people to drive and review their current release candidates. The Lightning was available 10 months or so in advance. I understand the Cybertruck has absurd demand (for reasons I don't get but hey to each their own) but I wonder if people are still comfortable committing to what is likely going to be a 70K+ vehicle without seeing videos and reviews of people driving them.
That isn't the way Tesla does it. Why allow anyone to drive it? The stories and demand are off the charts. It will probably be a while before they even have a candidate to put in each of the Stores.

They'll get it in the hands of a few people like Kyle and Tom, but they don't need to let anyone drive it.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Did they specify only Nov 30th, or did they specifically include a year like 2023?

Sponsored

DreamBrother1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Honda Civic, Kawasaki Vulcan
Likely a small number the next 2 months with goal of 'a rate of' 125k cybertrucks produced annualized in 2024, which may mean 10,417 cybertrucks produced in the month of December 2024

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So, what's the over-under that actually happens....
It will happen, but it may be a while before they deliver in quantity. Any new vehicle takes ramp time. They've given an estimate number for the factory just like Ford has - 150K per year, but they won't produce that number for a year or two.

The stories for the Lightning and GM aren't the best the last two days with the number of trucks sitting on lots, sales have tanked and you can get up to $7500 Ford rebate. None of that is good news.

Last edited:

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Demand is impossible to guess with a mere $100 deposit, Ford is being bit by that very thing right now. They overestimated their reservation backlog.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Their earnings weren’t so hot…..

November deliveries will be for the 5-10 employees still testing the truck….

Tesla is hilarious, but they need to keep their Stock hyped…

I don’t even believe the “million reservations” story…. Maybe 500k after you weed out all the multi reservations and scalpers

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Goooood Luck CT fans

Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
Do you get a free mythical roadster with every CT you buy? ;) I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but no one can convince me that thing is good looking. Throw all the features and tech you want in it, but at the end of the day it's lipstick on a pig. Do we have final word on pricing?

Bills R Electric

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
The "experts" are projecting about 75,000 Cybertrucks will be delivered in 2024.
And just a couple hundred this December.

If you are a fanboy of Tesla, you will spin this as great news. The Cybertruck is finally here!

If you are a skeptic, you will focus on the relatively low # of projected deliveries.

The reality is the ramp is going to be slow, per Elon. New model. New techniques. New plant. All will slow the ramp down.

On the other hand, Ford is not exactly building huge #s of Lightnings in 2023 (or 2024).

If you have a high reservation # for the CT, like in the top 100,000, great. If not, you have time to buy a Lightning and drive it a few years and enjoy it before you have the option of buying a Cybertruck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
On the other hand, Ford is not exactly building huge #s of Lightnings in 2023 (or 2024).
Ford briefly demonstrated the ability to run at a pace of 150,000 a year on build week 9/25, but they need to sustain that pace, quality, supplies and labor need to line up with customer demand!

The big picture is that the economy does not support the goals that Ford or Tesla anticipate(d)!!
Read, GM and others are shying away from these lofty goals as well, see other threads....

Ford F-150 Lightning Tesla announces Cybertruck deliveries in November, claims 125,000 production capacity 1697726592525

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
GM delivered 18 Silverado EVs in September, their first month of deliveries. Will Tesla beat that number? Only if they have been stockpiling built ones for a couple months.
I predict the launch model will top $100k and as demand from the die hard Tesla fans does out we will see the lower tier models appear, probably in a few years time.

Hopefully I'm wrong and we see a ton of these things driving around because we need fewer 10-15mpg vehicles on the road. Although I imagine the bulk of buyers will not currently own a truck.
Sponsored