• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Solution to Auto Start/Stop

KBKEITH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT SCREW 5.5, FX4, 2.7EB
I think you can be sure that all the components that are stressed during start/stop cycles have been engineered to withstand many, many thousands of those cycles. Starters, batteries, engine bearings, etc.
Sponsored

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 (produced 2/11) 2018 F-150 1997 F-250HD
Occupation
Entrepreneur
What about losing oil pressure when the engine cuts out waiting at a light? Most people will accelerate as soon as the engine turns back on. Isn't this bad for longevity?
Although I greatly despise this technology, it is designed the way it is, so you donā€™t need to fear component failure. The technology dates back to 1974, and was more widely used in Europe in the ā€˜80ā€™s, and has been pretty common in the US for the last decade. Nearly every manufacturer has it. like I said before, I donā€™t like the millisecond lag it makes, so I am glad there is the Auto Stop eliminator.

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat "Sport" FX4
For me it's mostly an annoyance because of my modified exhaust system. I want to hear it idling at the light.

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 (produced 2/11) 2018 F-150 1997 F-250HD
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Your snarky reply inspired me to do some research and you're right!

They completely redesigned starters to handle the constant cycling.
So "thanks"!

However... it's still annoying as hell and I'm definitely going to be buying and installing the "autostartstop eliminator". There are situations when I don't mind it and I'll likely activate it from time to time but driving around the city.. it just bugs me.
...but that's "me".
That is the best thing about the auto stop eliminator is that it still gives you the choice. You can simply activate the system anytime you want. Honestly I donā€™t understand why Ford and the other manufacturers donā€™t give us the same choice.

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
That is the best thing about the auto stop eliminator is that it still gives you the choice. You can simply activate the system anytime you want. Honestly I donā€™t understand why Ford and the other manufacturers donā€™t give us the same choice.
My guess is the reason starts with ā€œgovernā€ and ends with ā€œmentā€.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford Lariat 5.0L FX4; '14 Chevy Spark LS
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Manager
More specifically, I'm willing to bet it starts with "EP" and ends with "A."

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
Does anyone use the auto hold function as a workaround to never having the auto start/stop automatically on? Just started using auto hold today and loved that auto start/stop doesnā€™t turn on.
You do realize you can shut off the auto start stop by pushing the button on the center console itā€™s the circle around the A I believe you can also shut it off in the infotainment system as well it has nothing to do with the auto hold which is another feature that I like especially when I have the auto start stop on as I can keep my foot on or off the pedal and the truck is ready either when I step on the gas or move the steering wheel

GeorgeK

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Self employed
I only wish Ford would fix the battery issues as my 21 F150 lariat has been back to the dealer 3 times already and itā€™s still not fixed now Ford is saying itā€™s the back doors are out of alignment and are keeping the system active even though the lights go out and the running boards close and no warning messages show up I think Ford doesnā€™t have a clue so I bought a 70K jelopy that needs a jump start every three or four days perhaps they should start giving out jump packs with every truck

Swegner99

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2017 Expedition EL
It's beyond me the whole auto stop tech, I have never seen where it actually saves much fuel. My 3.5 EB (2018 and 2021) has also never been even close to what's advertised economy-wise, so why bother with a minimal amount with the Auto Stop? IMHO
I haven't seen any data on fuel saving being its main priority, but its a convenient bi-product and selling point.

I would bet it has more to do with satisfying emissions than it does to satisfying the end consumer, but that's a guess.

Sponsored

wayne

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 platinum loaded, 2013 raptor
and what happened when you pulled the fuse

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Not really....
The reason starts with "fifty" and ends with "thousand dollars+".
For that kind of money, I'm getting what I want. And I want the ability to stop at a red light without my engine shutting off.
...that's all.
(Spoiled I guess)

1fitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Fuse for auto start stop is located in slot 210 under hood passenger side near fire wall Going to pull it and see if this disables the function.

1616952967284.png
Patiently waiting... ;)

Itsjustmd

First Name
Jayce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I haven't seen any data on fuel saving being its main priority, but its a convenient bi-product and selling point.

I would bet it has more to do with satisfying emissions than it does to satisfying the end consumer, but that's a guess.
This. Emissions and fuel economy. Once the vehicle is tested with it, the manufacturer can't allow it to be disabled permanently. If they ship the car with that feature, they'll never allow you to turn it off permanently because they'd be in trouble with the government. That trumps any of our money, especially since all manufacturers do it. Another forum I'm on discussed it with management for that car manufacturer. They even went as far as not to ship cars with the bigger engines with that feature so people wouldn't have to constantly turn it off. They figured if you were getting the performance version, you didn't care about mpgs.
Sponsored