• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sound and GPS not working. Clock also no longer updating.

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range Battery
Hello everyone,

I recently had some work done on my truck, including having the bed sprayed, installing PPF, and applying ceramic coating. However, after picking up my truck from the shop, I encountered some electrical issues that I'm seeking assistance with.

Upon receiving a low voltage message for the 12V battery on my phone, I realized that the sound system was off and unresponsive. Additionally, the GPS wasn't updating, the time wasn't auto-updating, and I noticed that the sound settings are greyed out in the system settings, preventing any adjustments. I've tried troubleshooting the problem myself and here are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Checked power: I tried pressing the power button, but the sound system wouldn't turn on.
  2. Steering wheel button reset: I held the volume down and forward buttons on the steering wheel to see if it would restore functionality.
  3. Battery power reset: I disconnected the power from the 12V battery for 5 minutes and then reconnected it, hoping to reset the system.
  4. Factory reset: I performed a factory reset on the SYNC system to see if it would resolve the issues.
Despite these attempts, the electrical issues persist. To provide a clearer understanding of the problem, I have attached some pictures of the error messages, the unresponsive system, and the greyed-out sound settings in the system settings.

If you have any insights, advice, or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help in resolving this matter. I'm unsure if the problem is directly related to the work done on my truck or if it's coincidental.

Thank you in advance for your support and expertise.

Best regards, Mandalorian

Ford F-150 Lightning Sound and GPS not working. Clock also no longer updating. IMG_2519.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Sound and GPS not working. Clock also no longer updating. IMG_2521.JPEG

Ford F-150 Lightning Sound and GPS not working. Clock also no longer updating. IMG_2522.JPEG
Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Did you go into the Connectivity tab–bottom of first picture–and make sure that they haven't been turned off? (not that that would explain the sound system issue, but who knows?)

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did you go into the Connectivity tab–bottom of first picture–and make sure that they haven't been turned off? (not that that would explain the sound system issue, but who knows?)
Yes. The connectivity is all on.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Yes. The connectivity is all on.
Do you know what the resting voltage is on your 12V LVB? Mine stays about 12.6V with the truck off. Maybe there's a low voltage threshold where it starts shedding loads. If it's low, you could try charging the LVB with the HVB by starting it and leaving it on with minimal electrical loads while it's parked.

Sorry, that's all I've got.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Time not updating and GPS not working are related as time gets set via GPS.

Were these systems working before you took it in?

Did they do ANYTHING to the electric system? (Answer is yes because in order to spray in the bed liner they disconnect pro power to the bed. Question is what else was disconnected and where?)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you know what the resting voltage is on your 12V LVB? Mine stays about 12.6V with the truck off. Maybe there's a low voltage threshold where it starts shedding loads. If it's low, you could try charging the LVB with the HVB by starting it and leaving it on with minimal electrical loads while it's parked.

Sorry, that's all I've got.
I haven’t been able to check the actual voltage on the battery. I’ll have to probably go to an auto store for that test.
Other than the issues I described the truck runs fine. I’ve driven it around hoping it would somehow charge the 12v battery but I don’t know how these electric vehicles work. Thanks for your suggestion.

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Time not updating and GPS not working are related as time gets set via GPS.

Were these systems working before you took it in?

Did they do ANYTHING to the electric system? (Answer is yes because in order to spray in the bed liner they disconnect pro power to the bed. Question is what else was disconnected and where?)
Everything was working fine before going in. My suspicion has also been that the issue happened during the bed spray because of the pro power having to be disconnected. I didn’t have any electrical work done.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Screwy things happen when the LVB gets low. I bet they had the doors open a low and drained it.

I would put it in a charger, or turn your truck on and disable the shutdown timer to let the LVB charge up.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello everyone,

I recently had some work done on my truck, including having the bed sprayed, installing PPF, and applying ceramic coating. However, after picking up my truck from the shop, I encountered some electrical issues that I'm seeking assistance with.

Upon receiving a low voltage message for the 12V battery on my phone, I realized that the sound system was off and unresponsive. Additionally, the GPS wasn't updating, the time wasn't auto-updating, and I noticed that the sound settings are greyed out in the system settings, preventing any adjustments. I've tried troubleshooting the problem myself and here are the steps I have taken so far:

1. Checked power: I tried pressing the power button, but the sound system wouldn't turn on.
  2. Steering wheel button reset: I held the volume down and forward buttons on the steering wheel to see if it would restore functionality.
  3. Battery power reset: I disconnected the power from the 12V battery for 5 minutes and then reconnected it, hoping to reset the system.
  4. Factory reset: I performed a factory reset on the SYNC system to see if it would resolve the issues.
Despite these attempts, the electrical issues persist. To provide a clearer understanding of the problem, I have attached some pictures of the error messages, the unresponsive system, and the greyed-out sound settings in the system settings.

If you have any insights, advice, or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your help in resolving this matter. I'm unsure if the problem is directly related to the work done on my truck or if it's coincidental.

Thank you in advance for your support and expertise.

Best regards, Mandalorian

IMG_2519.JPEG

IMG_2521.JPEG

IMG_2522.JPEG
Hey there! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into these electrical concerns for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey there! Can you please send me a DM with your VIN and dealer name/location so I can look into these electrical concerns for you? I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist!
Thanks! I made an appointment with the dealer so they can inspect the vehicle. Just need to make it a couple of weeks with no sound or gps.

OP
OP
Mandalorian

Mandalorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update - The issue was water. I had my windows tinted in ceramic tint including the windshield a few weeks ago and when I took the truck back to get other stuff done they re-tinted the windshield because it looked like it had some defects to them. Apparently water got in the system somewhere and the shop took the infotainment system apart and discovered the water. They dried it out somehow and the system rebooted and is working fine.
Sponsored