• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Spray In Liner

huskerf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Supercrew
Did any one have their tailgate sprayed by the dealer or mfg? I see Line-x does it but mine was not sprayed.
HUSKERF150
Sponsored

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Did any one have their tailgate sprayed by the dealer or mfg? I see Line-x does it but mine was not sprayed.
HUSKERF150
Yes dealer did it and it looks better than my other truck with factory spray in liner.

OP
OP

huskerf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Supercrew
HUSKERF150
Got the call today, they didn't know how to get around the tailgate work bench. Mask it off and spray! They apologized and hope to have it done next Tuesday.

TeeRoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT PB Oxford 6.5 box
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm getting mine Rhino lined on Tuesday do you have any pictures of what the tailgate looks like, I have the work surface and was just wondering how they did the tailgate

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I went to Line-X of Brighton today (Michigan), and they did a phenomenal job... Highly recommend!

Although I have a Line-X franchise a few miles from my house, I made the 1.5 hour roundtrip drive to the Brighton location based on their reviews compared to my local Line-X dealer.

Initially the Brighton dealer said they don't spay the tailgates with the worksurface, but I showed them some pictures, pressed the issue, and they agreed to do it.

Wherever you go, they should remove the worksurface, spray, and then reinstall (don't just tape it off). Actually all hardware should be removed and reinstalled.

Also, with a power tailgate, don't have them spray the inside hinge on the passenger side... If tailgate motor needs to be serviced, they need access to the panel located there.

Ford F-150 Lightning Spray In Liner 2021-03-10 16.31.24
Ford F-150 Lightning Spray In Liner 2021-03-10 16.31.51

Ford F-150 Lightning Spray In Liner 2021-03-10 16.31.39
Ford F-150 Lightning Spray In Liner 2021-03-10 16.32.08

Last edited:

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Damn, that looks super clean! Would have absolutely done this had I known that the factory liner would take nearly 30 days (thought it was a 1 day adder due to dry time) when I ordered.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Took 2.5 hours for the install from the time I pulled in to the time I drove off. I'm pretty detailed-oriented (my wife calls me anal!), and let me tell you it was immaculate around all the cut lines. The guy that did it has been doing it for 8 years, and he knew his craft well.

The material drys on contact. The majority of the time I suspect was spent on preparation (this is key!), removing hardware + tailgate, and reinstalling everything.

I went with the "standard" (no UV protection) as it will have a tonneau cover on 95% of the time. The "premium" version with UV protection takes a couple additional hours due to cure time.

Also, they removed and reinstalled the rubber drain hole access covers prior to spraying. I've seen some installations where they sprayed right over them. Not good if for some reason you need to remove them at some point.

Last edited:

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
Installed the Leer HF650M tonneau cover and Bedrug (floor only) last night.

Super impressed with the Leer cover, and Bedrug was a last-minute add, but really happy with it too. So nice when crawling around the bed, I could've taken a nap in that thing! (But that's what the Max Recline is for, right ?)

Ford F-150 Lightning Spray In Liner 20210312_194245