• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Steering Assist Fault

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
This popped up on my screen this afternoon.

I was backing into my parking spot at home after being out all day. The steering shuddered a bit... almost rumbled audibly as I turned the wheel. I turned it left, then right again to hear the noise.
After I parked, this was on my display....

I parked. Turned the car off, looked at a few forums, restarted and no issues. I drove around the block a few times with no problem. Huh.... strange. No time this week to just dump it at a dealer. Any ideas ?

Ford F-150 Lightning Steering Assist Fault 1708537889999
Sponsored

Last edited:

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I'm not sure if the lightning uses the same system as the ice version but there have been a few reports of them failing.

Your dealer has instant behind the scenes access to faults that you may or may not see, I would give them a call just to make sure.

OP
OP
Sneakypetie78

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
I'm not sure if the lightning uses the same system as the ice version but there have been a few reports of them failing.

Your dealer has instant behind the scenes access to faults that you may or may not see, I would give them a call just to make sure.
Thx

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
This popped up on my screen this afternoon.

I was backing into my parking spot at home after being out all day. The steering shuddered a bit... almost rumbled audibly as I turned the wheel. I turned it left, then right again to hear the noise.
After I parked, this was on my display....

I parked. Turned the car off, looked at a few forums, restarted and no issues. I drove around the block a few times with no problem. Huh.... strange. No time this week to just dump it at a dealer. Any ideas ?
Greetings, Pete. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this steering assist concern on my end? Thank you!

Marcelo Zanetti

First Name
Marcelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150; Ford F-150 Lightning; Ford Explorer;
Occupation
Electrician
Greetings, Pete. Would you please send over a private message with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this steering assist concern on my end? Thank you!
I’d like to see the response on this tread.
Sponsored