• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync 4 vs 4a differences?

Skeighle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 tacoma, 2013 crv, lightning preorder
Anyone know what real differences lie between SYNC 4 (12 inch screen) and 4a (15.5). Currently driving the mach e. Climate controls as physical knows was something I was sure I'd want, but after living with the mach e I'm not so sure. Are there any other significant differences between screens and SYNC versions?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Anyone know what real differences lie between SYNC 4 (12 inch screen) and 4a (15.5). Currently driving the mach e. Climate controls as physical knows was something I was sure I'd want, but after living with the mach e I'm not so sure. Are there any other significant differences between screens and SYNC versions?
I don't think the 12" has the video games..

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Can we revive this thread?

I’ve had my XLT for a few days now and I’m missing a couple things from the MachE. Looks like no profiles, which is annoying since wife and I like different presets. Also no memory seat and mirror positions, not really a sync thing but is related to profiles. My kids are missing you tube and games when we are waiting in the truck.

Are these all actually not present or have I just not found the setting for them? Is there anything else that’s majorly different between the sync systems?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Can we revive this thread?

I’ve had my XLT for a few days now and I’m missing a couple things from the MachE. Looks like no profiles, which is annoying since wife and I like different presets. Also no memory seat and mirror positions, not really a sync thing but is related to profiles. My kids are missing you tube and games when we are waiting in the truck.

Are these all actually not present or have I just not found the setting for them? Is there anything else that’s majorly different between the sync systems?
The seat and mirror memory are definitely missing because they are not on the XLT trim. I would think you would still have profiles for things like radio presets.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
For the radio presets you could add the third bar then you each get between 1-1.5 screen worth.
Sponsored