• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sync Setup Help

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
I just got my truck after Independence Day. Love it so far! There are soooo many settings and menus to go through but I think I am learning them all. I am having a few issues though. Not sure it is something I am doing wrong so maybe the forum can help me. First issue is half the time the "Connected Vehicle Features" menu won't expand. Haven't figured out why sometimes it works. Second issue is "Mobile Apps" is greyed out and I can't turn it on. Not even sure what this unlocks. The last issue is after setting up a profile I try to add a phone but get an error message "Process interrupted. Please try again. Avoid using your vehicle until the process completes." Problem is I am NOT using the vehicle. I'm just sitting in the driveway. I think I have tried it 3 different ways. Just getting in the vehicle, pressing the start button (without stepping on the brake) and a full start (pressing on the brake) but I can't seem to get it to work. The most annoying part is that when adding the phone fails it clears my profile and I have to start all over! Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Please pardon the water mark. I needed to compress the file size to upload.

Sponsored

Wesley

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford raptor
Occupation
Retired
And I have the same issue with expansion of the connected vehicle.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So there is a little icon with arrows that shows up at the top when the truck is connected to Ford servers. If that Icon is not showing then the "Connected Vehicle Features" menu will not open up and you get what you see in your first video.

I've found that when I have my truck in my garage the truck's modem on gets 1-2 bars of LTE and the connectivity icon drops out. If I go drive around for a bit in a good AT&T cell signal area then the icon will come back. Sometimes it takes a few drive cycles but it does come back.

You can see the truck's modem (i.e. AT&T LTE) signal under the "Vehicle Hotspot" settings. Looks like in your video you only have 2 bars of LTE showing.

I am starting to suspect that this intermittent Ford Server connection plays a role in the delay/trouble receiving ford Power Up updates.

I actually work in the cellular phone business on the network engineering side. So I am pretty familiar with how these connected vehicles work with the cellular network.

Some of the simple functions like Lock/Unlock/Remote Start/Honk are actually sent via SMS text message to the truck (i.e. no data connection required). Just like your smartphone, sometimes the data throughput/quality get's dicey in the 1-2 bar signal range yet you can still call and text. So those core functions always work but the more advanced functions like setting charging schedule etc. require a solid data connection.

I've also noticed that when I am connected to WiFi the Ford Server connection icon often does not show up. Even when it sits on WiFi for some time it does not show Ford Server connection until I take the truck out for a drive.

OP
OP

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
What does the icon look like?
I have confirmed what 3121 stated above. When I do NOT have the icon with the arrow I cannot open connected services. When I DO have the icon there is not issue. I still haven't found a resolution for the profile and phone setup or the mobile apps.
Sponsored