• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

The Eluminator E-Crate Is Sold Out

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Ford needs to fire (or at least retrain) whatever team they have doing demand predictions. They have missed the mark (underestimated) with every major release in the last few years (Mach-e, Bronco, Maverick, Lightning, etc.)
No seriously, they clearly aren't doing proper (or any?) market research on these products. I hope they figure it out at some point because that will make for a terrible reputation if you keep severely underestimating demand constantly.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
No seriously, they clearly aren't doing proper (or any?) market research on these products. I hope they figure it out at some point because that will make for a terrible reputation if you keep severely underestimating demand constantly.
I doubt the demand was a surprise to Ford but it is a capacity issue. You can only sell as many as you can make.

Do you choose not to release a hot product because you cannot meet the demand? To Ford's credit they do not appear to be price gauging which is another way to manage demand...

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I doubt the demand was a surprise to Ford but it is a capacity issue. You can only sell as many as you can make.

Do you choose not to release a hot product because you cannot meet the demand? To Ford's credit they do not appear to be price gauging which is another way to manage demand...
Ford may not be but dealerships sure are.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I’m not in marketing and I could have predicted this. The moment I saw one I had dreams of one day turning my Jeep into an EV.
Sponsored