• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Theory: Why the Pro models could still be the "first to ship"

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Lots of speculation, but here's my (admittedly biased by my Pro order) opinion.

If it IS a chip hold, it's got to be a certain type of chip. We've seen models rolling off the lines, some forum members even have remote access to their vehicle. This tells me it isn't a battery management or powertrain chip that's holding things up. It's also unlikely anything that would be difficult to access after assembly.

IMO, the most likely hold-up is the chips and sensors that support Blue-Cruise and Co-Pilot. Sensors are easily replaced externally, and I'd imagine many of those chips are easily accessible as well. Ford could pump vehicles out mostly complete, add the sensors to the bumpers and power seats (example) very easily after the fact.

If that's the case, by virtue of the Pro models having far fewer advanced features, they are less likely to be impacted. Manual seats, no adaptive cruise, no Blue Cruise, etc.

If the issue is chips within Tow Tech package as well, that could obviously hold some Pros (like mine) back as well. We have a bunch of Pro models being built next week, it'll be interesting to see how quickly they roll out
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
If it’s a chip issue, Ford should just come out and say it, it’s not like there’s another Truck around the corner that people are going to move on to. Last I heard they are scaling back production on ICE vehicles and Mach-E’s to accommodate the Lightning…… so at least 1 or 2 should have arrived by now… right?

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
I think everyone is trying to figure out why they are not out in the wild yet - my guess is that they want the dealers to have their mannequins first, then get a whole bunch delivered out to customers all at once.

As far as I can tell, they are still on their timeline to ship in spring of 2022; which means first deliveries before June.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I think everyone is trying to figure out why they are not out in the wild yet - my guess is that they want the dealers to have their mannequins first, then get a whole bunch delivered out to customers all at once.

As far as I can tell, they are still on their timeline to ship in spring of 2022; which means first deliveries before June.
This is true June 21st is the last day of Spring
Sponsored