• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thunk noise from under center console

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
‘22 Platinum 11k miles but this noise has been happening since new. Texas truck. Was 97 degrees here today. Truck thermometer said 114 when I got in it at 4 PM. Apologies if this was covered already. Searched and found no threads.
The noise happens every time the truck is driven longer than 10 miles (my estimation) and only once till the next drive. The noise reminds me of one of those huge syringe soakers from the 70’s and you pulled the plunger out all the way separating the plunger from the housing. Or like a vacuum driven a/c door on old Fords when you switched from external air to max cool. The noise is muffled but loud and if you are leaning on the console the vibration is noticeable.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
‘22 Platinum 11k miles but this noise has been happening since new. Texas truck. Was 97 degrees here today. Truck thermometer said 114 when I got in it at 4 PM. Apologies if this was covered already. Searched and found no threads.
The noise happens every time the truck is driven longer than 10 miles (my estimation) and only once till the next drive. The noise reminds me of one of those huge syringe soakers from the 70’s and you pulled the plunger out all the way separating the plunger from the housing. Or like a vacuum driven a/c door on old Fords when you switched from external air to max cool. The noise is muffled but loud and if you are leaning on the console the vibration is noticeable.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

OP
OP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Several calls from Ford reps asking how the repair went, or if the truck was in the shop. I finally told them to close the ticket, I don’t want to be the test case with my truck sitting at a dealership for 3 months. The “thunk” still happens as described previously, once per trip, after about 20 minutes but does not seem to be causing an issue. I’ll wait to ask here again in a few months if there are others with the thunk or have the dealer look for the problem when I take the truck in for the pending recalls. Still loving the truck.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Do you have the max tow package? The area you described is approximately where the second compressor is located. I have no idea what would cause the compressor to activate or make a noise but it's certainly possible that it does. I haven't noticed anything.

OP
OP

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes. Platinum. There is no other sound associated with the thunk. But, years of large equipment, tools, and shooting has removed the top end of my hearing range frequencies. Wife n girls don’t hear anything but the thunk.
Sponsored