• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wsh68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, Tesla Model Y
I’m a newb with electric adapters, but all these products linked don’t specify they take 240 in and put 120 out. I’m reasonably sure that L14-30 is 240v, so how is the voltage stepped down?
Yes, the link I provided takes the 240 the Lightning provides and puts out 120v for the trailer. I’ve used it already and can confirm. I have a different cable i use to feed 240v from the same outlet in to our home in the event of a power outage. i‘m no electrician but I understand the way it works isn’t by stepping it down but by tapping just one hot leg of the 240v thus sending 120v to the trailer. Our trailer has a very sensitive brain that looks at the outlet the trailer is plugs in to for 2 minutes. Only if the power is clean will it initiate a connection. The EMS had no issue with power coming off the Lightning using the cable I shared the link to.