• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How to Use Dynamic Hitch Assist and Pro Trailer Hitch Assist | A Ford Towing Video | Ford

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The official promotional video from last year where Ford teases us about the coming "Pro Trailer Hitch Assist" as demonstrated on the F250 platform. They mention availability on the F150, which we know 2023 Lightnings have this now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Today I and a small contingent of North East Lightning Club members had a gathering in Northern New Jersey to speak with sales and engineering staff on hand to hear customer feedback in a coffee and cars {Trucks} format.

Good conversation with folks and Ford staff, and a scenic photo shoot overlooking the NYC skyline.

Ford F-150 Lightning How to Use Dynamic Hitch Assist and Pro Trailer Hitch Assist | A Ford Towing Video | Ford 1680495117156

The setting was a large parking lot with plenty of room and a host of EA DCFC stations where we could juice up while chatting and checking out the latest features, this was very convenient for me as the trip down was 202 miles, starting at 100% SOC heading into a strong headwind from south east Massachusetts I landed in Elizabeth NJ at 17%, I charged to 90% [$37 for 99 KWH] to ensure a non-stop return trip north east to my favorite Mass based DCFC.

I arrived at home base with 11% remaining and charged to 80% as that is the cost breakpoint for by the minute charging in my energy market, it would have cost me about [$15 for ~90 KWH], as luck would have it, a "network" failure prevented final billing on my account, it may show up later, but in past experiences, EA seem's to write these situations off.

The trip down averaged 1.8 MPK (head winds & heater), home bound trip 2.2 MPK, less/no heat and tail wind, entire day was 430 miles with an average 2.0 MPK

"Pro Trailer Hitch Assist" is already out on the 2023 Lightning and is expected via OTA late 2023 for model year 2022 trucks with the trailer tow technology package.

Inside view of the Pro Hitch Assist

https://photos.app.goo.gl/b6syqXAbJ58xWVr97

Outside view

https://photos.app.goo.gl/doU1TFaK9jQrBi227

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score