• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Update notification 🔔 appeared and then disappeared

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Tonight when I stopped for dinner I got a bell icon at the top of my screen. When I clicked it, it said I had an update pending for 1:00am with 45 minutes of downtime. When I clicked the “get details” to find out which update it was, I got nothing. It reverted back to the details of the last update I got and the notification is now gone.

Has this happened to anyone else? Wondering if my truck rejected a download or if it’s just a fluke? I’m just anxiously awaiting 6.8 and the cluster SOC… 😆
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
One thing I have noted about the SW screen. Once it checks for a release it can sometimes take it a minute before it truly updates. It may still show an old release and then finally refresh. Maybe start the truck and go to the check SW screen again - give it a minute or two to update.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
One thing I have noted about the SW screen. Once it checks for a release it can sometimes take it a minute before it truly updates. It may still show an old release and then finally refresh. Maybe start the truck and go to the check SW screen again - give it a minute or two to update.
Nope. Nothing ever came back and I’ve started/stopped and driven 40 miles since. Weird!

• Sad
Reactions: GDN

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
I posted something about this on another thread. Last three updates never registered in the truck or the app. I have my truck set to automaticly check and download at 1 am. On two of them the "Udate available" notification went away the next day but no indication it had been downloaded. On the last one I just told the truck to download durning the middle of the day. Everything went fine and still nothing indicating the OTA had worked. I just got another one a few days ago and it worked fine with update info showing up on the truck. So three out of the last four updates never appeared in my trucks logs. I was told by another club member that the dealer can pull all updates. Not worth going in right now but something I will address before my warranty expires.
Sponsored