• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android Auto Disappeared

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range
I purchased my Lightning XLT last Thursday and set up the Ford Sync 4/Infotainment. I plugged in Samsung phone and set up Android Auto.

I get in the truck yesterday and Android Auto is gone - or at least I cannot find it. My phone keeps giving me a prompt to go to Android Auto, but I can't find it.

Any suggestions? Thanks
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hit the top left icon on the screen (there are 3 of them in a row). That will open up all of the apps. You should see AA there.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I've had no problems in the 3300 miles I've had my Lighting, but the past three days Android connection has been hit or miss. message is something like "cannot connect to android auto" but my phone is connected as I can send and receive calls/texts. haven't had time to trouble shoot as it's cold, cold, cold and haven't been driving much. will see if it keeps up.

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I've had success plugging the phone in the USB, and also unplugging it and then back in. In some case there is a phone update for Android Auto, so I have to unlock the phone and allow it to connect to the truck. This is ij my experience some issues with Andriod not the truck.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've been able to improve performance of AA, by only allowing the trucks projection SSID to auto connect to my phone, while disabling auto-connect for all other stored networks (home, etc).

Do this in your phones connections / wifi / advanced / manage networks
Sponsored

Reactions: JRT