• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Upgraded from iPhone 6s to12 and now iTunes does not work correctly..

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I upgraded my iPhone from a 6s to a 12. The 6s played back iTunes songs fine. On the 12 it will play the first song, but if I hit the skip track button it will not play the next song. It shows the song progress for about 8 seconds then skips to the next track and keeps doing that and does not play.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

jrappy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 XLT EcoBoost Supercrew
I upgraded my iPhone from a 6s to a 12. The 6s played back iTunes songs fine. On the 12 it will play the first song, but if I hit the skip track button it will not play the next song. It shows the song progress for about 8 seconds then skips to the next track and keeps doing that and does not play.

Any suggestions?
that happened to me when I got a new phone. Did you download the songs to the new phone? There may be another way via cloud but I'm not well versed on the cloud thing on phones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMWtoF150

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
No, it works fine with my wireless beats.

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
It sounds like the next track is not downloaded which may be a couple things. You said iTunes... do you have an Apple Music subscription or are these your personal library? If it's personal library maybe try Syncing to iTunes again to make sure they have downloaded correctly.

If you are streaming from Apple Music it could be a connection issue. Did you download the tracks or are you streaming them? I assume you tested your Beats at home on wifi? It could be a bad cell connection. Is your car in range of Wifi? Does it stil happen sitting at your house or only on the road?

If none of that helps... are you using CarPlay Wireless, Carplay wired, Bluetooth or USB in the car? Can you try one of the others (like plug in if wireless) and see if it keeps happening. If that doesn't help it's probably the phone. First thing would be erasing the phone and restoring from backup again. If that doesn't help you could try a clean install (not from backup) although you would lose some data. If all else fails you should contact Apple support.

Sponsored

Rich55Marshall

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Platinum PowerBoost 4X4
Occupation
Retired custom picture framer & Apple Expert

Any suggestions?
Everyone's suggestions here sound great. If all else fails, the phone number for Apple support is (800) 275-2273. They'll get you back in business. Best of luck!

OP
OP
BMWtoF150

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It sounds like the next track is not downloaded which may be a couple things. You said iTunes... do you have an Apple Music subscription or are these your personal library? If it's personal library maybe try Syncing to iTunes again to make sure they have downloaded correctly.

If you are streaming from Apple Music it could be a connection issue. Did you download the tracks or are you streaming them? I assume you tested your Beats at home on wifi? It could be a bad cell connection. Is your car in range of Wifi? Does it stil happen sitting at your house or only on the road?

If none of that helps... are you using CarPlay Wireless, Carplay wired, Bluetooth or USB in the car? Can you try one of the others (like plug in if wireless) and see if it keeps happening. If that doesn't help it's probably the phone. First thing would be erasing the phone and restoring from backup again. If that doesn't help you could try a clean install (not from backup) although you would lose some data. If all else fails you should contact Apple support.
I tried CarPlay wireless, blue tooth wireless, connected with a cable. I removed CarPlay from phone & truck and re-paired the device. None of this helped. The iPhone works great with wireless beats. I chatted with Ford support and they said others had complained of same issue.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I have a iPad mini that is physically plugged into the car at all times.
This is my music source and it moves from car to car.
I have not been pleased with the Bluetooth sound quality in either of the trucks or her trailblazer. Sounds better via USB
My phone seems to work okay via Bluetooth, but the only thing I use the phone for is the phone and to message at work.

Will probably keep the same habit in the new truck

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I tried CarPlay wireless, blue tooth wireless, connected with a cable. I removed CarPlay from phone & truck and re-paired the device. None of this helped. The iPhone works great with wireless beats. I chatted with Ford support and they said others had complained of same issue.
It still sounds like an issue with the phone. Do you have another iPhone to try and/or another CarPlay capable car?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150

Any suggestions?
On the Iphone while in the Music application load up a song to play. At the bottom right, is there a repeat logo? Click on that, and you can change it from repeat, shuffle, or via playlist. Circled below:

Ford F-150 Lightning Upgraded from iPhone 6s to12 and now iTunes does not work correctly.. 5B922CD8-6014-4FDD-AEBF-BCF9CCB83D89

Sponsored
OP
OP
BMWtoF150

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
It still sounds like an issue with the phone. Do you have another iPhone to try and/or another CarPlay capable car?
I have and old 6s that worked fine.

OP
OP
BMWtoF150

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
On the Iphone while in the Music application load up a song to play. At the bottom right, is there a repeat logo? Click on that, and you can change it from repeat, shuffle, or via playlist. Circled below:

5B922CD8-6014-4FDD-AEBF-BCF9CCB83D89.jpeg
Replay is not active, shuffle is.