• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Walk-away Lock: iPhone work around for the Lightning

Balistikb

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Never mind, I made a mistake and had both options checked. Sorry for the confusion.
Sponsored

Viet658

First Name
Viet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Thanks @bmwhitetx for this. Bought my lightning in November and was holding out for Ford to implement auto lock but half a year later and they still havenโ€™t done it. Coming from a tesla Iโ€™m used to auto lock on my car so forgot to lock my truck numerous times. Very happy with the work around as it works pretty fast.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
To the OP thank you so much for this great workaround. You are an automation genius. Off the top of your head can you think of anything to trigger this when exiting the Lightning other than Carplay? I don't really use Carplay but can't think of any other way.

Never mind I found that Carplay will autoconnect and stay in the background if that's how I had it when the truck was shut off last.

Now I have all kinds of automation ideas in my head.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Never mind I found that Carplay will autoconnect and stay in the background if that's how I had it when the truck was shut off last.
Yep, I rarely use Car Play myself but like you found, it works in the background (unless you specifically unpair that phone). It has been working flawlessly for me and I like the customization options you can add.

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank God for the door pillar keypad. Was at an EA charger today chatting with another lightning owner when my 30 minute timer shut the truck off. Of course my phone was in the truck when Carplay disconnected and the doors locked.

Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
This thread may have aged out, but thought I'd mention Siri Shortcuts stopped working for me. I had to update the 4 required shortcuts from the link below and all is well.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
This thread may have aged out, but thought I'd mention Siri Shortcuts stopped working for me. I had to update the 4 required shortcuts from the link below and all is well.
Siri shortcuts still works for me (at least the process I documented in the very first post). Has been flawless since day 1 and doesn't require the periodic changes that the Reddit solution appears to require.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT delivery
Siri shortcuts still works for me (at least the process I documented in the very first post). Has been flawless since day 1 and doesn't require the periodic changes that the Reddit solution appears to require.
I had issues with IFTT that I could not resolve.

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT delivery

I also had to update the API URL from v2 to v5 for the start, stop, lock, and unlock shortcuts.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
My Siri Shortcuts were working fine. I had it lock my truck whenever CarPlay disconnects. Iโ€™ll update to v5 for the sake of being up to date. Iโ€™ll update if something goes wrong.

Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT delivery
My Siri Shortcuts were working fine. I had it lock my truck whenever CarPlay disconnects. Iโ€™ll update to v5 for the sake of being up to date. Iโ€™ll update if something goes wrong.
I do that too, and the automation fired, but I would get a message "lock command failed", instead of "lock command sent"

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)

Mine had stopped working too but I'm back up and running with this fix. Thanks for posting.
Sponsored