• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What to look for on delivery day - checklist?

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I wanted to start a list of things to look for when you finally pick up your Lightning. That day will be very exciting after a long wait to get your truck, in that excitement you might over look something that needs to be corrected by the dealer before you accept the truck.
Any ideas?
Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I wanted to start a list of things to look for when you finally pick up your Lightning. That day will be very exciting after a long wait to get your truck, in that excitement you might over look something that needs to be corrected by the dealer before you accept the truck.
Any ideas?
1. Ignore the Salesman and tell him/her you need a few minutes alone with your truck to Inspect it. Do a deep walk-around inside and out checking closely that everything works and there are no dents, discolorations, or defects. Make written notes until you are satisfied it is perfect.

2. Test Drive

3. Bring your own financing if possible but request the finance manager to match with their best.

4. Take your time alone in another room to carefully inspect all paperwork before anything is signed. Do not sign until you are satisfied with their answers.

***Remember that Video Game you bought at Walmart with the cover you were so excited about? And then you got home and it was CRAP? Take your time spending your $$$K. The truck will be just as sweet if you get it home a few minutes later than you hoped.

Last edited:

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I will pick up tomorrow. Based on comments on the forum and seeing my friend’s Lightning there are four items I am going to focus on.

1. Frunk alignment -opening and closing issue.

2. Paint issue - around truck and looking at grill.

3. Interior panel gaps - several panels on my friend’s truck were not all snapped together.

4. Sun roof gasket and greasing of channels. (If you have one)

Last edited:
OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
1. Ignore the Salesman and tell him/her you need a few minutes alone with your truck to Inspect it..
This is golden because without a salesman in your ear with all the small talk and telling you something you already know I can concentrate better.
Thanks best advise yet.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
This is golden because without a salesman in your ear with all the small talk and telling you something you already know I can concentrate better.
Thanks best advise yet.
@Ford Motor Company should add a checkbox to your reservation, to capture your salesperson interaction preferences.

[ ] “The total experience: a personalized vehicle selection, vehicle tour and delivery setup of you new Ford vehicle.”
[ ] No assigned salesperson, -18% to cost.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Definitely check the alignment of the light bar across the frunk and headlight. Also check the gap between the grill and the bumper.

I've seen several trucks (including my own) that have misalignment of the light bar on the left side of the frunk.

Last edited:

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I've seen several trucks (including my own) that have misalignment of the frunk bar on the left side of the frunk.
I've noticed from the many images I have collected that driver's side frunk/light bar misalignment has been common almost from the reveal. It must be tough to get perfect on the line. I hope it's a bit easier one-on-one.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I would just make sure all finances are good (rebates, deposit and what not). Check for shipping damage inside and out , stuff that won’t get covered under warranty.

Other than that, you might get a dealer that will tell you to schedule a service appointment if it’s covered under warranty or a dealer that will just piss you off to the point you don’t want the truck. That’s what they most likely want.

But yeah several light bars have come in misaligned, you can adjust the hood gap on your own at home and if that doesn’t work then set an appointment.

For panel gaps, you will most likely have to know the specs and bring a ruler. Pretty much a waste of time.

Lightning.Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna x 2
I know I'll be too excited at time of purchase, so I made a Word doc checklist. So far I have 31 items, 23 while at dealer, the rest before/after.

Little things I would likely otherwise forget about... the trailer stickers, tailgate connector covers, interior key, dealer installed options I ordered installed and done right, two key fobs. Stuff like that.

The primary stuff, mostly covered in responses above, I'll remember without my list, I hope. ;)

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I would just make sure all finances are good (rebates, deposit and what not). Check for shipping damage inside and out , stuff that won’t get covered under warranty.

Other than that, you might get a dealer that will tell you to schedule a service appointment if it’s covered under warranty or a dealer that will just piss you off to the point you don’t want the truck. That’s what they most likely want.

But yeah several light bars have come in misaligned, you can adjust the hood gap on your own at home and if that doesn’t work then set an appointment.

For panel gaps, you will most likely have to know the specs and bring a ruler. Pretty much a waste of time.
My experience leads me to believe the service center is more prone to *losing* a body panel than they are in placing one correctly.

I think most of these transactions are going to boil down to: here are the keys--take it or leave it.

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
OP
OP
CRAIGC540

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Great list guys thank you very much . I will try to slow down pickup day and go threw all these checks.
Sponsored