• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

When Will Lightning Reservations Open Again?

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Conservationist
I realize Ford has a big backlog of existing reservations that they are slowly (and in waves) converting to firm orders for the 2023 Ligthning.

Since I don't have an existing reservation, that doesn't apply to me. Does anyone know when Ford might open up the reservation system again? Or is it possible to adopt an existing reservation or order if a customer holding one decides they don't want the Lightning?

Thanks!
Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
probably not until 2024... there's little reason to, otherwise, since you'd just be sitting on a reservation for so long, you'd be aggravated. You're behind 200,000 other folks in a 'line', waiting...
stay at home for a while instead.

no, there's no 'trading' or 'selling' of reservations or orders.

OP
OP
ridgebackpilot

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2022 Mustang Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Conservationist
probably not until 2024... there's little reason to, otherwise, since you'd just be sitting on a reservation for so long, you'd be aggravated. You're behind 200,000 other folks in a 'line', waiting...
stay at home for a while instead.

no, there's no 'trading' or 'selling' of reservations or orders.
Thanks! I won't be "sitting at home", though, since I have a 2020 F150 Platinum diesel which has twice the range of even the extended-range Lightnings! Today there's no way I'd take a Lightning to remote places where I fish and hunt in Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and adjacent states.. The necessary charging infrastructure just doesn't yet exist in vast parts of the American West. (It's coming, thanks to Federal infrastructure grants for EV charging that were funded by the earlier Infrastructure bill.)

By the time I'm ready to trade my diesel F150 on a Lightning, reservations and orders will have opened up and I'll wager the 2024 Lightning will have a range bump. And I'll have the benefit of you guys having worked out all the early-adopter, first-model-year problems in 2022 and 2023! :cool:(y)

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
It's all a guessing game, but I don't think they can scale. I think every current model they can build in the next few years is already spoken for in the 200K current reservations, unless a huge number of those reservations don't convert. The next time they take reservations will be for the redesigned truck built at the new factory. Or maybe they continue to build both models, who knows.

My predictions were they would not even be able to double 2022 production numbers and likely couldn't get Android in (actually hoping that would get scrapped so the '22 didn't get orphaned and left behind.)
Sponsored