• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
This is interesting. It sounds like they anticipate having available 2023 allocation even after inviting all reservation holders.
They are not inviting everyone else to order in this wave. I have two reservations. One got invited in December and is the one I posted here. My other reservation still has not been invited to order. Ford says everyone will be invited by the end of August. There will be other waves after this one and likely price increases after this one too. Updated below

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Good luck to those having an opportunity to order today.

ChrisInJAX

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Escape
If I order and decide to not take delivery for whatever reason.. how much am I out? The $100 deposit and/or…?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
If I order and decide to not take delivery for whatever reason.. how much am I out? The $100 deposit and/or…?
The dealer often refunds the deposit, but technically they have the right to keep it.
If you're really on the fence and suspect you will refuse delivery, maybe you should pass.
Dealers can experience a penalty of sorts by not completing a special order sale to the original order maker, with the economy softening and some dealers carrying unsold inventory this could be an issue. If you go ahead and order but later get cold feet, consider canceling before the window sticker is issued, at that time you could get the deposit back with no negative impact on the dealer

Sponsored

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
The dealer often refunds the deposit, but technically they have the right to keep it.
If you're really on the fence and suspect you will refuse delivery, maybe you should pass.
Dealers can experience a penalty of sorts by not completing a special order sale to the original order maker, with the economy softening and some dealers carrying unsold inventory this could be an issue. If you go ahead and order but later get cold feet, consider canceling before the window sticker is issued, at that time you could get the deposit back with no negative impact on the dealer
And the dealer usually charges a $500 deposit when they accept your order.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
This is interesting. It sounds like they anticipate having available 2023 allocation even after inviting all reservation holders.
Oops, I see what you mean now. Sorry. It does say they will open to others without reservations this Spring, didn't catch that. And my second reservation came through with an invite a few minutes ago.

Wonder now if anyone hasn't got an invite. Will be curious what @FordVideoGuy sees on his reservation list - if everyone has an invite now?
EDIT: Also says if you don't order by Apr 24th your deposit is refunded (so not August now).

Highlighted text from email (emphasis added):
XLT, Lariat and Platinum models are currently available for ordering in limited numbers, so act fast! Some models will sell out quickly, and we will be making the ordering process available to customers without reservations later this spring. You have through Ap‍ril 24th to finalize and submit your order. If you choose not to submit an order by then, we will refund your reservation deposit. Not to worry, you’ll still be able to place an order until we close ordering for the 2023 model year, later this year.

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Are 2023 XLT still available this morning for ordering?

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
Well, after 21 months I was finally able to order, opted for an Oxford White SR base XLT through Granger Ford. There are grumblings (much of it warranted, it seems) about the reservation system, dealer shenanigans, and price hikes, but I’m plowing ahead, certain this will be a significant upgrade from my 2010 160k mile Town & Country—I’m super excited about it!

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Ford is probably about to discover that the market for $80k+ pickups is finite, and that many peoples reservations were for the $40k base model, which was the deal of the century for the lucky few who could get one for less than the cost of an equivalent gas powered XL.

OP
OP
bmwhitetx

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Well Apr 24th has come and gone. Logged in today and see that the deadline to order has been extended to May 8th. XLT still available and delivery estimates still the same when the banks opened:
Ford F-150 Lightning XLT orders will open again soon (MY2023 Wave 8) 1682446006959

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Sounds like everyone who wanted a Lightning has ordered. Seems like they should be opening orders to the general public soon if that is true.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Sounds like everyone who wanted a Lightning has ordered. Seems like they should be opening orders to the general public soon if that is true.
I have know idea what they'll do, however, it's possible they won't open it up to the public for custom orders (for MY23).

They may finish up the rest of the year with orders that are already in, then just building and shipping dealer stock.

The online order/delivery process has been anything but smooth.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I have know idea what they'll do, however, it's possible they won't open it up to the public for custom orders (for MY23).

They may finish up the rest of the year with orders that are already in, then just building and shipping dealer stock.

The online order/delivery process has been anything but smooth.
There are many folks out there who still want a custom order but have been locked out to date, the spec inventory of late last year MY22 and abandoned orders don't necessarily satisfy every buyer. I think that Ford will do both let fresh orders to come in via the online ordering and also let the dealers place stock inventory orders based on the speculation what the dealers market area might support.
Sponsored