• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Lightning Wheel and Tire Sizes | OEM 20” & 22”

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
We need to get the message to Ford that a lot of Platinum Lightning buyers want a smaller wheel size. It looks great, bu 20's or even 18's would be far preferable given the range and ride penalties. I'm still going Platinum but will be forced aftermarket for wheels.
Sponsored

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Any idea on the rim size and offsets?

Im new to Ford, but am thinking they would have kept it close to the G14 ICE F150's

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
On my Expedition Platinum the offset is +44 I believe. So probably the same or similar on an F150. I have some +30 offset wheels on it now. I ordered a Platinum in the first wave and will be getting a new set of wheels because I don’t like the wheels on the Platinum. More than likely I get new tires, some like Michelin LTX and some Nitto Terra Grappler G2’s.

TF1000

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Prius Prime, 1996 Ram 1500
Conflicting how. Typically a less stiff tire will decrease rolling resistance due to the tire construction.
I guess I was thinking more about tire pressure. Hyper-milers like to increase tire pressure to the max which decreases rolling resistance but gives a harsher ride. Also the low rolling resistance tires we have gotten for our Prius's are not known for their comfortable ride.

Sponsored

ryan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
sedan
I cannot buy the Lightning Platinum because of its low profile 22 inch wheels/tires. I have to drop to the 20 inch Lariat (18 inch would be better).

What concerns me more is the All-Terrain (A/T) versus All-Season options. I want the best traction with my 1/2 mile dirt driveway in snow but that is about the limit of my off-road use.

I would rather have less noise, better pavement traction, higher MPGe, and a softer ride when most of my driving occurs. Currently the Lightning standard will be A/T, despite the photo above.

One projection I saw was a $150 option to switch from A/T to A/S tires on the Lariat.
I agree with you on preferred tire size but any tire shop will sell you a set of basic 18s whether you buy a plat or lariat.

BEMOH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Prius PHEV, F150 Lightning
I'm on a mission as I hit 40 to have ridiculous wheels on all our vehicles (annoys the wife and I think it looks hilarious). I'm thinking gold, 6 spoke, with grabbers? Shouldn't hurt the range too much....

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Lightning Wheel and Tire Sizes | OEM 20” & 22” truck

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I'm on a mission as I hit 40 to have ridiculous wheels on all our vehicles (annoys the wife and I think it looks hilarious). I'm thinking gold, 6 spoke, with grabbers? Shouldn't hurt the range too much....

truck.jpg
Will 17 inch wheels fit? I will probably get 17s or 18s with winter tires, but I need to know what fits and actually have the truck first. With regards to the bright wheels. I like them. I also would consider getting two of one wheel and two of another (same width offset...) so as to have one color/pattern on one side and one on the other. Nobody would see both at the same time.

BEMOH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, Prius PHEV, F150 Lightning
Will 17 inch wheels fit? I will probably get 17s or 18s with winter tires, but I need to know what fits and actually have the truck first. With regards to the bright wheels. I like them. I also would consider getting two of one wheel and two of another (same width offset...) so as to have one color/pattern on one side and one on the other. Nobody would see both at the same time.
No clue if 17s fit, just used a 2022 F150 for mock up. Tirerack has zero specs on wheel size for the Lightning.

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
I bumped another thread just a moment ago, but I believe this is actually a better thread to get the updated information on the oem offsets. Also, do we know the centre bore? I'm assuming it's the same as ICE F150's?

Hopefully someone can chime in soon. Hoping to order some new rims before the truck arrives!

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
I think they’re the Dynapro AT2. They’re a decent AT tire but may be geared more toward highway use with some off road capability. I wish they went KO2
My plan is to switch from the Dynapro AT2 to the Continental TerrainContact A/T. I have a small tire shop nearby that will swap the whole set upon arrival.

Can someone tell me if I can place a larger tire on the 20” OEM rims?
Sponsored