• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/2 Lightning Build Week Group

jpepper07

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford F150
I have a theory. Just an assumption, but I believe if we read into what Jim Farley said and the odd holds that are happening, it makes sense.

Remember long ago when Darren Palmer (Ford EV Chief) said the Lightning would mostly be safe from semiconductor shortages as the Lightning has no engine and (at least at that time) the semiconductors that were hard to come by were the larger units needed to control ICE vehicles. In that same interview, he mentioned that certain semiconductors (SC) that controlled comfort features would be the SCs the Lightning might have trouble with.

Flash forward to news that Ford is selling Explorers without rear heated seats right now because of the SC shortage. Other vehicles are also facing equipment deletes or delays that center around convenience features like heated seats, steering wheels, etc.

Jim Farley made it a point to say that shipments will begin with the Pro model. Which doesn't have heated seats standard if I'm reading the website correctly. That's an option, but not standard. So it would make sense that Pros go out first because they are complete. Meanwhile, all of us (the majority) who got Lariats, XLTs and Plat. level trucks are stuck, waiting for these convenience features Ford promised, but can't deliver because they don't have the SC to complete the truck and I seriously doubt they will send out customer Lightnings with any missing components. It would destroy the launch of a vehicle they have everything riding on.

That's why I believe we are seeing only dealer demos shipped right now. They may or may not have all the features, but on a normal test drive, you don't have enough time to test the seat heaters anyways. Who is going to use a seat heater in Texas in the next 3 months? Then, when the SC are available, they get sent to the dealer who can easily install them and then turn the vehicle around in the 6 months they have to hold it, which is probably why Ford wants them to hold the vehicles that long anyways. Because Ford knows they won't have the SC for another few months anyways, but they had to show the trucks shipping "Spring 2022" because they have insisted that was going to happen in the media.

Just my thoughts on this. I think those of us waiting on anything beyond a Pro are going to have to hope they take care of our trucks in those lots for the next several months. I hope, I pray that I'm wrong though.
I really feel this is well thought out and it all makes sense to me. I'm sure they are trying to do everything they can to get the modules. They just be waiting for shipments to make it into port.

I have a 8/29 build date so I may not be impacted in the same way. Also hoping I get moved up a month.

Sponsored

rlbussard

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E GTPE, 22 Ford Lightning, 23 Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Army MSG Retired
I went in to talk to my dealer today about something else other than the Lightning, but then chatted with him about the Lightning as well afterwards anyways. He told me that Ford has not been updating the tracker or the visibility reports very well. He said a lot of the visibility reports are all over the place. He told me that some of them have decent information on them and others show them still being built after they have already shown up to the dealer. So he has no idea whether trucks have been shipped or not shipped because most of the time the visibility reports are no longer giving him the correct information.

So maybe that helps us to not be checking our trackers so much knowing that it may be wrong anyways. Hell, some of us in this group may have trucks already on the road headed to our dealers and might never know until it magically shows up on the lot.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I went in to talk to my dealer today about something else other than the Lightning, but then chatted with him about the Lightning as well afterwards anyways. He told me that Ford has not been updating the tracker or the visibility reports very well. He said a lot of the visibility reports are all over the place. He told me that some of them have decent information on them and others show them still being built after they have already shown up to the dealer. So he has no idea whether trucks have been shipped or not shipped because most of the time the visibility reports are no longer giving him the correct information.

So maybe that helps us to not be checking our trackers so much knowing that it may be wrong anyways. Hell, some of us in this group may have trucks already on the road headed to our dealers and might never know until it magically shows up on the lot.
Only way to know is to pray someone hits activate on the other end

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
32 miles!
And thoroughly 'tested' no doubt...with tire pressures 10psi over recommended.

Hmmmm... Popquiz: so somebody check my math..if 95% charge gives you 294 miles then 100% gives you 309?

Mike

Last edited:

Sponsored

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
And thoroughly 'tested' no doubt...with tire pressures 10psi over recommended.

Hmmmm... Popquiz: so somebody check my math..if 95% charge gives you 294 miles then 100% gives you 309?

Mike
Your math is fine. Wondering, but Is that current capacity determined by inefficient driving and storage? 🤷🏼‍♂️ wouldnt use of a/c or heat impact current range would impact your total capacity ❓ some ev experts here might know better

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
Some more fun screenshots
0EA111EE-D7B1-4146-B9C3-480E35947D9D.png
04B66F10-0A23-4514-BEB7-C9172CF62DBD.png
ADE835DE-0023-43AD-8868-0041BA7BBC64.png
Wonder why the tires are inflated so much. At least now you can monitor the battery to see if there is any vampire drain over the next couple days/weeks/months.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I hope they aren't storing these for months at high states of charge, especially since ford advises against charging above 80% for daily use.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Just received a notification that it was plugged in… I’ll stop after this, don’t want to spam the forum…

55ED106C-0376-4165-BAF3-2C72F5FC7BBE.png
Please spam away. This is the only new information we're getting nowadays.
Sponsored