• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
Mine still says it will arrive by tomorrow but hasn’t shipped yet. Thinking that estimate is not very accurate!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_8471
Sponsored

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
Got it!!

Zero issues with price protection. The manager was there the whole time watching over the sales guy's shoulder. He explained that one wrong click of the button and the dealership doesn't get reimbursed. Got slightly more for my trade than the minimum I had in mind.

And Ford Options was... not an option. The manager showed me in the system that it just wasn't there. He had done one before and said it was extremely complicated. He thinks it might not have been available because that wasn't around when I ordered the truck, but he really didn't know why.

Accessories ordered in the past hour: running boards (my kids really can barely get in. Took them out to dinner and they love the space, but they're both around 50"), floor mats, seat covers, and cup holder liners.

I decided to get the drop-in bed liner with my points. Couple things I didn't realize the Pro didn't have, one being the plastic tailgate. Thought I’d just get the bed liner, but now it looks like I'll need the tailgate liner too... Also thought there'd be that silver upper glove box cover instead of an open hole. And I knew I'd have to unlock with the key, but it really is annoying to have to fish it out of my purse every time, especially after literally going months at a time without taking my key out of my bag before. And that frunk noise is no joke. On my list to remove the thing.

But... it is fun!!! So fast!!!

Tomorrow I'll be working on figuring out the charger...

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20230615_205944

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20230615_210645

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/22/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20230615_194549

Last edited:

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum Azure Grey
Nice!!!!! Congrats! I was just doing my third check in today to see if i actually hurdled the "Shipped" step yet. Awesome to see you get your truck in hand...gives me (some) hope that the gears will turn! Cheers...

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Road trip! Wish I could come pick it up and drive it home the last 2,374 miles….maybe not. The wait goes on!

Sponsored

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Can't imagine how frustrating that is to hear. Bummer...

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
Mine still says it will arrive by tomorrow but hasn’t shipped yet. Thinking that estimate is not very accurate!

IMG_8471.jpeg
Well, my ship date has updated again to anytime from yesterday to end of this week. We will see! Mine is coming on car transporter so should not be impacted by rail issues.
“Estimated Delivery 6/17/2023 - 6/23/2023”

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick, mustang
My ship date was updated yesterday then about four hours later it was marked as shipped and then two hours later changed to at the dealer and being prepped. Happened to drive by today so stopped in and sure enough it had been delivered but dealer wasn’t really aware. Now to figure out best financing option….. rates aren’t the same as when I ordered!

Sponsored

pjy

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
LE
Vehicle was delivered on 6/17/23. Met with the dealer and after an initial misunderstanding should be honoring all price protection and PCO. They put my trade in on an auction site, guy came to my house and spent 15 minutes evaluating the vehicle and taking photos. I'm ending up getting almost private sale money (maybe like 1k less) on my trade-in using this method that was suggested by the dealer. Should be picking up on Friday!

JTPDX

First Name
Jace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The plot thickens...my "Check Order Status" now has reverted to "Order Confirmed" status....after having a "Built Date" of 6/6/2023 noted since May 26. The "Reservations" page however still shows a prospective 7/1-7/7 ETA. Anyone else have this happen as their truck was moving to "Shipped"?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The plot thickens...my "Check Order Status" now has reverted to "Order Confirmed" status....after having a "Built Date" of 6/6/2023 noted since May 26. The "Reservations" page however still shows a prospective 7/1-7/7 ETA. Anyone else have this happen as their truck was moving to "Shipped"?
Weird things like this have happened, it's a good sign even if temporarily unsettling

Constellation

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Chevy Volt, 2013 Ford CMax, 2004 Corvette Z06
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My situation is similar; Order Confirmed 12/19/22, In Production 5/23/23, Built 6/9/23, but no Ship Date. Yesterday, I met with the Sales Representative that I have been working with at the local Ford Dealer and he had information with slightly greater resolution. According to their paperwork, the location of the truck I have on order is in a consolidation railyard in Chicago. Estimated ETA is during the week of July 10. I am also in the greater Portland area and the next hurdle is getting Auto Carrier transport from Portland to the dealer, as there is limited auto transport available due to insufficient staff.

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My ship date was updated yesterday then about four hours later it was marked as shipped and then two hours later changed to at the dealer and being prepped. Happened to drive by today so stopped in and sure enough it had been delivered but dealer wasn’t really aware. Now to figure out best financing option….. rates aren’t the same as when I ordered!
Yes, financing was painful, especially since when we ordered them rates were so much lower. I prefer to go through local credit unions as they usually have the best rates, and if something weird happens, I can speak with a human, but the finance person at the dealership found that Bank of America was lower so I ended up going through them. Definitely varies from day to day and pays to shop around... Also, be sure you get you tax paper if yours qualifies for the incentive. GL!
Sponsored