• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Yep, it has been a struggle so far. Hopefully will get it soon and won't get delayed again.
wow, and as a initial member of the "5/30 Build Club" way back in the day, I feel your pain, although mine HAS been delivered and has over 5,000 miles on it, so far.

My story is this: initial and exciting 5/30 build week, then, unfortunately 6/6, then pushed again to 6/13, then 6/20...by this time, I was thinking that I would NEVER get this truck! It was pushed AGAIN into JULY, and then finally to 7/25...ARGGGHHHH! I had summer plans. Too bad.

Eventually, and to my excitement, my truck was finally 'married' on 7/29(birthday!), 'built' on 8/5, and eventually, and slowly, delivered on 8/23. I was THERE to see it be backed off the transport truck, and waited patiently for another hour for it's 'pre-check/post-check', before I could FINALLY touch that beautiful machine. (I had already 'bought' the truck back on Aug 13th)....I drove it home and have never looked back. It's everything that Ford and Jim Farley said it would be.

I feel your pain, though - you have MUCH more patience than I. We respect you for that. Don't give up.

15 1/2 months from reservation...
7 1/2 months from order...
patience, patience, patience....oh, it's such a virtue!
Sponsored

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Finally got the shipped notification this morning with an eta of 11/4-11/10. Is there a way to track the train?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Finally got the shipped notification this morning with an eta of 11/4-11/10. Is there a way to track the train?
Yes. Google CSX rail tracking. Looks like there is automated telephone tracking by railcar number

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1667132739577

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1667132766552

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
if by Norfolk Southern, you call their automated 'tracing' phone number, input your car number, and wait for the system to 'tell' you the most recent 'scanner location' that it has passed... sometimes these are city or town names you know, or can locate on a map, other times they are simply railroad 'yard' names that are not as apparent. Either way, at least you can get an idea of the movement and trajectory of the train. Mine took a similar parallel to I75 from Dearborn to Atlanta, via Chattanooga... eventually arriving at the main yard in Eastpoint, then broke down and a separate engine takes the vehicle rail cars over to HAPEVILLE, which is the unloading yard/transport yard.
Norfolk Southern has a rail yard/location map on their website.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The wait continues
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1667747833687

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1667747871208

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unfortunately got another 20 day delay. Now ETA is November 27th. According to the last update, it arrived via rail to the Ohio Assembly at 2AM on 11/5. No idea why they would send it there first. Is that the normal route? Do they even do anything lightning related in that Assembly? According to FordPass it was driven about a mile on the 6th. None of this makes any sense to me. Ford support told me they are struggling pretty bad with the shipments. Ford will go out of business with this model if they continue this path. This vehicle will definitely will be my first and last Ford. Lost all excitement. I just want to get it over with now.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ok this time it might be really happening. The ETA updated this morning to 11/8-11/14. Called Ford support and Truck is in Jessup Maryland which is 30 miles from my dealer. Fingers crossed, I should receive the truck finally within a week.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1668354988297

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1668355012931

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Still waiting but ETA moved up to Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1668954975779

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 5/30 Lightning Build Week Group 1668955024873

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still waiting but ETA moved up to Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1668954975779.png

1668955024873.png
Looks like today is the day! They finally have the vehicle at the dealer. I will be getting it in few hours. What a miserable car buying experience it has been for me. I am hoping everything is in one piece and good to go. @TaxmanHog, I believe we are finally ready to close this one.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
One good bit of information to add related to all this is, when I first got access to the vehicle back sometime in June, the vehicle had 92% and something like 11 miles. So not sure what percentage they charged at the factory before I had access to the vehicle but since then until today in almost 6 months and 40 plus miles after the vehicle was still at 60%. So it can go a full year without getting charged no problems and most likely will barely lose any charge if not driven. Not sure if this is a PRO thing or other trims are also like this but in comparison my Tesla usually drains 7-8% per month with all the systems off.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Glad to hear that the final 5/30 Lightning is heading to it's new home.

Look it over really closely when you get it especially the paint. Mine was delayed a couple of months in Detroit and according to the dealer had "acid rain" on it. It took the dealer a full day of buffing to get the paint looking new.
Looks like I have the same issue. Didn't purchase it tonight before they can try and buff it all out. Their detailer was not in today but it had spots all over the hood and especially the roof looked pretty bad. It's the holiday break so I won't know probably until next week but I cannot commit to buying before they fix it. I hope they won't need to repaint and it will just buff out. God I hate Ford.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Looks like I have the same issue. Didn't purchase it tonight before they can try and buff it all out. Their detailer was not in today but it had spots all over the hood and especially the roof looked pretty bad. It's the holiday break so I won't know probably until next week but I cannot commit to buying before they fix it. I hope they won't need to repaint and it will just buff out. God I hate Ford.
Mine buffed out just fine. My dealer was great on getting it fixed. I did the opposite. Bought it on the spot with the faith they were going to take care of it.

It took a couple of weeks to get them to schedule it at their body shop for the work. It was beyond the detailer’s expertise. They probably had 8 hours of buffing to get it fixed.

Good luck.
Sponsored