• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
What would be interesting is seeing what REAL use cases folks had for getting a SR + max tow, considering SR towing that airstream (didn't need max tow) would have been 78 miles MAX.
For towing heavier loads.
Sponsored

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Assuming you were towing your air stream with a ICE 150 before? Did you have to do any special adjustment on your weight distribution hitch or did it work as is? Looks pretty level to me. I'll be going from a 150 to the lightning and hoping I don't have to adjust the ball or distribution bar catches on the trailer itself when I make the change over.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Seems you have the data on how much temp and wind affects the .8kWh/m number? Can you share?
It's a lot
With a 70 mile range?
Sure, are you dense? Do you think people travel to go camping.

Yes, wind will make a massive difference on the highway with a trailer. Not gonna be able to train you on it though.

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
Also, sorry if I missed it - what was the temperature outside and how fast were you driving?

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
It doesn't matter, you're not going to get much better than half the nominal use case. Which matches up with his results. I understand folks want to think they will get 1.4 towing if the temp was x or the sunspot number was y, but it's not gonna happen.
Travel speed will be a big factor while towing. It’s extremely relevant here.

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
It doesn't matter, you're not going to get much better than half the nominal use case. Which matches up with his results. I understand folks want to think they will get 1.4 towing if the temp was x or the sunspot number was y, but it's not gonna happen.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
He was probably towing at 90 MPH.. Probably dialing it down to 70 MPH will get your target of 1.4+kWh/mile, I'm sure..
Are you saying travel speed won’t matter?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Bro, I just demonstrated travel speed DOES.. From 0.8@90mph to your feel good target of 1.4@70mph.
Oh, you think he was traveling at 90mph?

OP
OP
oneguynick

oneguynick

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
CTO
Assuming you were towing your air stream with a ICE 150 before? Did you have to do any special adjustment on your weight distribution hitch or did it work as is? Looks pretty level to me. I'll be going from a 150 to the lightning and hoping I don't have to adjust the ball or distribution bar catches on the trailer itself when I make the change over.
I use a weight distro hitch and just hooked it up first try. The airstream has always been pretty easy to level

Sponsored

DJBull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
Nope, but it's easier for the folks who think they will get 1.4 towing to justify the 0.8 real world results if he was.
I'm confused, are you just making up statistics or what?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
What's next, find a random aircraft registration and start calling the FAA for weather briefings for flight level 0001 to our destinations?

I think we are over thinking things.
Professional (semi retired) meteorologist here....you *could* look at low level wind models (try windy.com). Also... look at nearby surface observations and Road weather sensor data.

https://www.windy.com/ (if looking for the next 24hrs or so I recommend the HRRR model)

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
What's next, find a random aircraft registration and start calling the FAA for weather briefings for flight level 0001 to our destinations?

I think we are over thinking things.
Requesting PIREP...
Sponsored