• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Post a picture of your current vehicle

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I've towed the camper & a cargo trailer & know it's limits. I do have the extended range battery. We are retired & take our time when we travel. I've taken the camper to a campsite 95 miles away a couple of times. I can get about 125 miles with this combination through a pretty hilly area. That's at 2 line highway speeds. Charge at the campsite & it works perfect. When Tesla chargers open up I will probably take the Lightning on long trips.
I do have a Chevrolet Silverado also if I'm in a hurry.

Might need to get a gas F150 for towing, and only drive the Lightning to go from 0-60 in four seconds like the Ford ad says? lol. Lightning might work if you get extended range and not towing a long distance?

Reason saying: Added an empty 5x8 trailer 1625lb max load to my F150 Lightning, and computer recalculated the range from 169 miles down to 65 miles remaining. Wasn't even towing anything on the trailer, was just moving it to new storage location empty.

Hope you find what you are wanting.

IMG_0861.jpeg

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Same thing happens on gas engines. You just have a bigger tank. My Silverado goes from 18-20 mpg to 7-8 mpg when towing.

Sponsored

Jseis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
July 2021 SR MME, July 2023, Lightning Lariat
Ford F-150 Lightning Post a picture of your current vehicle IMG_2372

Sponsored