• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Lightning Ambient Lighting - info on cupholder retrofit here

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So we know by now that indeed the Lightning also was cheated out of Ambient lighting in the cupholders and perhaps other places, despite Ford putting it in every model they ever showed to the public.

I'm still a couple of weeks away from a truck, but I do have my lighted cupholders ready to go (lets hope they used the very same part as the ICE trucks.)

@JHForman812 will be our friend here if we need parts, but don't ask to buy anything here. Send him a PM if you think you might need something like a harness.

Hoping someone has pulled their truck apart by now, but if not I'll be ready in a couple of weeks.
Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
So we know by now that indeed the Lightning also was cheated out of Ambient lighting in the cupholders and perhaps other places, despite Ford putting it in every model they ever showed to the public.

I'm still a couple of weeks away from a truck, but I do have my lighted cupholders ready to go (lets hope they used the very same part as the ICE trucks.)

@JHForman812 will be our friend here if we need parts, but don't ask to buy anything here. Send him a PM if you think you might need something like a harness.

Hoping someone has pulled their truck apart by now, but if not I'll be ready in a couple of weeks.

If i fail to see/get a notification please hit me up on email. I try to keep up with everyone and everywehre but theres a lot of forums to keep track of lol my email is JHForman@ gmail. Com take the spaces out obviously!

Reactions: GDN

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
also if it makes you guys feel better the expedition was cheated too. I just helped a local guy put the cup holder back in his platinum!

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
it's bullshit. Sorry but Ford sucks for this. How are you still advertising "premium ambient lighting" especially in the specific areas that are literally not available.

But kudos to them for giving us a higher price and less whistles .

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule

What are the parts needed do you have the list ?

Sponsored
OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
What are the parts needed do you have the list ?
I'm asking for the cup holder part number in the ICE forum. Looks like what I ordered may be discontinued.

Be warned - the cup holders have only been about $25, but not all of them come with the actual light ring. Some do, some don't. Just crazy quality from Ford. Plus we have NO confirmation yet this is going to be a complete retrofit for the Lightning, I'm not aware of anyone that has put it in yet. I'll check after I get my truck, but that may be a few weeks yet.

Artificial Intelligence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking
Is your truck built yet... I was hoping you have picked it up by now since you're ahead of me at the same dealer :)

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Is your truck built yet... I was hoping you have picked it up by now since you're ahead of me at the same dealer :)
It should be built, but I have no word from Ford. There is a report this morning for the 5/23 week that one person received a Built email, so there is hope for this week.
Sponsored