• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 Lightning - B&O stereo : good sound / performance? upgrading?

T i h o r

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Self Employed
Is there any way we can find out the location of all the oem speakers? Are they the same as previous model F150's?

If so, we should able to take an off the shelf solution for those trucks and apply it to our own!
Sponsored

OP
OP
GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Is there any way we can find out the location of all the oem speakers? Are they the same as previous model F150's?

If so, we should able to take an off the shelf solution for those trucks and apply it to our own!
The Lariat version has 8 speakers - 4 doors, center in dash, sub and two tweeters in the A pillars. I believe that is how they count the 8. There are drawings in the source book I believe, saw them back in January. There are many solutions these days. It is just getting it in. I could see new sub and amp in back. The other speakers are likely easily replaceable. The smarts I don't have these days will be getting the signal out of the head unit into some amp and processor and then back to the wiring to the speakers.

I'm sure there are already kits for previous year model ICE. Will have to go find them or a local shop that knows what they are doing.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I am quite disappointed as well with my Lariat's sound. It rivals that of my 2007 F-250's sound system, and that's saying very little.

I don't spend my life in my vehicle, so I probably won't do anything about it, but it's definitely not anything to write home about. Hearing all the Ford marketing about B&O, you're ready for a great Italian restaurant meal, and turns out someone just boiled some spaghetti too long and added a $1 can of Hunt's sauce to it and sent it to your table.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
When I drive my left ear hears wind noise, and my right ear hears music/podcasts. It's such an unbalanced listening experience. I've driven 4k miles and I can't get used to it. 99% of cars I drive are fine in this regard.

Adjusting the balance solves the problem to a degree, but only for solo driving. Does unplugging the center speaker fix the balance?
Sponsored