• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
if you’re talking about the missing lights here’s what’s been found….

cup holder plug is gone, there’s a guy that makes a harness to put it back

media bin light, there’s a 22 platinum that the connector was present, and a 22 king ranch that it wasn’t present on there’s a guy that makes a harness for that also

glove box light not a single truck has had this connection it can be added to the same harness that a guy makes for the media bin light

climate control missing digital readout, can be restored if you get a climate control head from a 21 that has all your features it’s been done and confirmed working on multiple trucks.
Is there a recommended source to get these? Very disappointed Ford decided to cut corners on a brand new 2022, after having it available on early 21’ models.

Buddy726

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Who is making these wire harnesses I’m new here so I’m not sure how to use this site.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Where did you get the media bin light ? Everywhere I asked, this part is back ordered
I can't truly speak for the light, but might just place an order, maybe it won't take too long. I ordered the cupholder with the ambient light built in just 2 weeks ago. They were backordered and I was told 5 weeks. They arrived this past Friday.

thomhunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150, '96 F-150, '13 Fusion
Where did you get the media bin light ? Everywhere I asked, this part is back ordered
I got it from fairway ford, not sure if they are back ordered as well but they won’t cancel your order like some other sites do.

MitLei

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502a
Yeah, not deal breakers/show stoppers like you said, but makes me wonder why the $895 price increase for 2022 models was implemented then. More cash, less bling.
Base MSRP is now $2,400 more than my 21 was, same Lariat 502a trim.

fastcz5

First Name
Sachin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
How can I get the Cup holder ambient lighting, media bin and temperature knobs display?
Can the harness be purchased from someone/somewhere? Who installs them? Is it DIY or a Ford dealer can install?

Sponsored

JHForman812

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F350
How can I get the Cup holder ambient lighting, media bin and temperature knobs display?
Can the harness be purchased from someone/somewhere? Who installs them? Is it DIY or a Ford dealer can install?
this should be all DIY but if you’re not comfortable taking your truck apart the dealer might do it for you

Way2qk4u2c

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2015 Mustang GT
Occupation
Network admin
I’m so excited that I got my build week and a vin. My cup holders showed up and now waiting for the glove box and media lights to show up! Few months away from putting it all together. Quite crazy to be buying oem parts for a truck that should have these parts!