• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ambient Lighting

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
The problem with "ambient lighting" is that it is changing and things like the cupholders are dropped in some trucks, but the ambient lighting is still advertised because it is in the floor/doors, etc. I've seen videos that show all of these in the upper trim Lightnings, but these things were custom built likely as many as 6 months or more back. With the current supply chain issues and things I've heard about the ICE trucks, I'm not counting on any of this showing up until I see the truck show up in person.
Sponsored

Mechman09

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT SCREW Powerboost
Occupation
US Army (Ret). USPS Mail Carrier
That is a shame - Ford has been moving backwards on this and, while minor, it is a fun feature!. My 2011 GT500 let me pick from a huge range of colors and even select different ones for different areas (dashboard, dashboard surround, footwell, etc.). It even had an "america" red, white, and blue mode. My 2017 Raptor is limited to a single color everywhere, but you get to pick from a menu of colors. Now it sounds like they are going to either no light or only a single color.

this is a ~$20 to ~$50 part. Seems a weird place to cheap out unless it is just due to shortages.
You could order interior ambient lighting that does change colors from https://www.f150leds.com/

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
OP
OP

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
Ford updated the Lightning page and this is on there. We'll see what it really comes with

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ford updated the Lightning page and this is on there. We'll see what it really comes with
This sounds exactly like the Mach-e system, which is quite nice. You can manually set the color and intensity or allow it to auto change with the drive mode.

FrankThompson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'07 Pontiac Solstice GXP, '22 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Solutions Architect
Man..I had this in my '17 (except changing it based on Mode, which my '17 didn't have).

Sucks that it appears they removed it from the ICE F-150s so they could differentiate the Lightnings.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Man..I had this in my '17 (except changing it based on Mode, which my '17 didn't have).

Sucks that it appears they removed it from the ICE F-150s so they could differentiate the Lightnings.
I think it is removed from the ICE trucks due to chips and parts. We are very lucky as the Lightning seems to be very well protected from the parts and options they are pulling from other trucks.