• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2024 Lightning

JTWIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
What upgrades if any will the new model year have. More range? more efficient battery’s?
Sponsored

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Maybe a new rear step bumper. Can’t imagine new or different battery tech or capacity changes.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If Ford offers the same upgrades as the gas truck, expect Pro Power outlets on both sides of the bed and a multifunction tailgate. Also a NFC reader in the driver's door as a way of gaining entry.

I highly doubt there will be any changes to the powertrain, other than LFP batteries, until the T3 Lightning arrives.

OP
OP

JTWIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nothing
If Ford offers the same upgrades as the gas truck, expect Pro Power outlets on both sides of the bed and a multifunction tailgate. Also a NFC reader in the driver's door as a way of gaining entry.

I highly doubt there will be any changes to the powertrain, other than LFP batteries, until the T3 Lightning arrives.
What is a T3 Lightning

Sponsored

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
If the cybertruck and/or silverados are shipping in volume a battery upgrade will be required. Hopefully move the spare into the bed and add more battery.

it would be nice to see the extended cab offered.

if they can’t get all the parts for the stated features, they might as well pause production though. There are large numbers of ‘23s sitting on lots and being discounted. Still no interest.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150, VW Atlas,Fusion
It's hard to imagine the Silverados will ramp up much faster than the lightning did. Tesla could surprise though. The final price of the Tesla will be a big factor on whether they really need to ramp up quickly or not. I do wonder if Cybertrucks could run into any kind of insurability issues. As pretty as that stainless steel is, it just seems like it would be unrepairable more often than any traditional build.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If the cybertruck and/or silverados are shipping in volume a battery upgrade will be required. Hopefully move the spare into the bed and add more battery.

if they can’t get all the parts for the stated features, they might as well pause production though. There are large numbers of ‘23s sitting on lots and being discounted. Still no interest.
The Silverado will barely be starting to ship to retail by the end of 23. The cybertruck, I doubt it ends up being a stainless exterior. We already know that it's going to be a unibody frame and not whatever 'exoskeleton' they were originally planning. Stainless body panels are going to be way more expensive than traditional steel and the thing is already going to be significantly more expensive than originally advertised. However, Tesla could still do anything at this point so we really won't know until they actually produce the thing for customer deliveries.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

Source? I have seen only one Platinum on my dealer's lot when I visited last week.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Dealer inventory along with cars.com and Autotrader also get a lot of vehicles listed that are in transit. But it's possible there are still vehicles out there sitting because dealers are asking way too much for them. I'd guess that most any that are asking MSRP are moving them fairly easily.

intensifi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Actually no. Make a few calls.

I have.

Dealers have ‘22s and ‘23s sitting on lots. Biggest selection is in the middle of the country.

Many are walking away from their orders given the price increases and removed items. With the 400+ mile range trucks coming online, the trend will accelerate.

pS I write economic modeling software.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Looks like at least 150 2022s listed as new on cars.com so I assume those are not special order and are sitting there ready to go. Some may be sitting because of markups, but they are out there for people that call around and are willing to travel to get one sooner.

I do think the announcement of the 400 mile GM platform and the 500 mile REV platform is going to take some wind out of Fords sails going into 2024 so it wouldn’t surprise me if Ford tries to cram a 400 mile battery into the chassis once demand tapers off enough

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Ford will wait for the next gen to make any changes. I mean they might open up some range but the battery will be the same one.

While 400 miles is probably the starting point from now on, I would hate to see a a bigger battery that’s more expensive to charge and takes longer….. they should be working on the opposite direction IMO.

As far as the Cybertruck, it’s in it’s own category fighting the Tacomas and Raptor Rangers of the world….
Sponsored

Last edited: