• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

4,000 ft, 66 miles up to ski area

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Didn’t get the truck for this but the wife loves the space with two kids and dogs. Wasn’t sure what to expect since I went with the Standard Range as I just need a city work truck, but living in Western Washington a lot of recreation is near so we’ve been using it as our main trip vehicle too.

This trip we went from sea level to Stevens Pass at 4,000+ ft.

1.6 mi/kwh up. 3.0 down. We left with 186 miles at 100% charge. Returned with 50 miles. Not bad for a 132 mile round trip with about an extra mile driving off road and lots of idling to eat lunch in the truck! Nice job Ford!

The setup:
- Nokian Outpost A/T LT tires, these are heavy at 48 lbs vs the 30 lb OEM tires. But they have performed great in the slush, packed snow, ice and standing water on the highway. Big range hit though!
- Diamondback SE cover with load bars and bike mounts (well over 100 lbs)
- 4 people and two dogs
- LED Christmas lights: ON

Very happy with the space, folding work area and frunk, dry stuff in front, wet in rear.

Ford F-150 Lightning 4,000 ft, 66 miles up to ski area 6866D755-732A-4F3E-80E4-3125CB68E8B2

Ford F-150 Lightning 4,000 ft, 66 miles up to ski area 55C0174B-37C8-40EC-AB18-8B16639CDBEB

Ford F-150 Lightning 4,000 ft, 66 miles up to ski area DAEA3793-1D2B-4846-85DB-BCA7B6D94B60
Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Didn’t get the truck for this but the wife loves the space with two kids and dogs. Wasn’t sure what to expect since I went with the Standard Range as I just need a city work truck, but living in Western Washington a lot of recreation is near so we’ve been using it as our main trip vehicle too.

1.6 mi/kwh up. 3.0 down. We left with 186 miles at 100% charge. Returned with 50 miles. Not bad for a 132 mile round trip with about an extra mile driving off road and lots of idling to eat lunch in the truck! Nice job Ford!

The setup:
- Nokian Outpost A/T LT tires, these are heavy at 48 lbs vs the 30 lb OEM tires. But they have performed great in the slush, packed snow, ice and standing water on the highway. Big range hit though!
- 4 people and two dogs

Very happy with the space, folding work area and frunk, dry stuff in front, wet in rear.

6866D755-732A-4F3E-80E4-3125CB68E8B2.jpeg

55C0174B-37C8-40EC-AB18-8B16639CDBEB.jpeg

DAEA3793-1D2B-4846-85DB-BCA7B6D94B60.jpeg
I’ve been waiting for a report like this! I’ll be doing many similar trips up to Mount Hood Meadows this ski season ⛷ 🏔 🛻

VeganF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum
Thanks for this report. We go to stevens regularly from north of the lake area. Great to know it can get up and back on one charge. There is a charging station in the first upper lot btw 😉
Truck looks good!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Great to know!

My biggest range anxiety/ ear is not being able to get to Central Oregon from Salem on a single charge during the winter.

OP
OP
Mach N Cheese

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Thanks for this report. We go to stevens regularly from north of the lake area. Great to know it can get up and back on one charge. There is a charging station in the first upper lot btw 😉
Truck looks good!
If you also get the SR and keep the tires it comes with then you should have no problem. I was getting the advertised range with them during the summer. Got an instant hit in range when I switched to A/T all-weathers. The ER would be nice for trips to the Methow valley, but given how cold it gets there I don’t think the ER would also not be enough.

FYI, I saw the charger at Stevens, but what’s the fun in knowing you’ll make it home! Kidding, once we got to the top I knew we would be good so didn’t charge. Though one half of the charger wasn’t working.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mach N Cheese

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Great to know!

My biggest range anxiety/ ear is not being able to get to Central Oregon from Salem on a single charge during the winter.
Only one way to find out. Don’t speed, manage the heat, accelerate/brake smoothly and tuck in the mirrors if it gets close!

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

The setup:
- 4 people and two dogs

6866D755-732A-4F3E-80E4-3125CB68E8B2.jpeg

55C0174B-37C8-40EC-AB18-8B16639CDBEB.jpeg

DAEA3793-1D2B-4846-85DB-BCA7B6D94B60.jpeg
Thanks for your report. I saw similar trip up/down net Power usage this summer making an ~4,000 ft climb up Mary’s Peak here in the mid-Willamette Valley. I’m glad that net P usage continues on the winter…you have to love the impact of gravity on Regen👍.

Curious…what was your observed temperature range (obviously below 32 degF😏)?

OP
OP
Mach N Cheese

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Thanks for your report. I saw similar trip up/down net Power usage this summer making an ~4,000 ft climb up Mary’s Peak here in the mid-Willamette Valley. I’m glad that net P usage continues on the winter…you have to love the impact of gravity on Regen👍.

Curious…what was your observed temperature range (obviously below 32 degF😏)?
It was below freezing at the top, but it was a clear day so lots of solar heat inside the truck. A cloudy, snowy day will be the real test. But yeah, good to see the strong regen!

VeganF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Platinum
If you also get the SR and keep the tires it comes with then you should have no problem. I was getting the advertised range with them during the summer. Got an instant hit in range when I switched to A/T all-weathers. The ER would be nice for trips to the Methow valley, but given how cold it gets there I don’t think the ER would also not be enough.

FYI, I saw the charger at Stevens, but what’s the fun in knowing you’ll make it home! Kidding, once we got to the top I knew we would be good so didn’t charge. Though one half of the charger wasn’t working.
Yeah I have the ER and the build week is this week 11/21! So fingers crossed I get it before the years end to take advantage of the tax credit. We shall see.

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
If you also get the SR and keep the tires it comes with then you should have no problem. I was getting the advertised range with them during the summer. Got an instant hit in range when I switched to A/T all-weathers.
What kind of hit are we talking? I have an ER and the Outposts are something I am thinking about for when the OEMs wear out (already kissing 10,000 miles in 5 or so months.)

I'm getting Nokian Haka 10s this week, but would love a bit more aggressive tire for the non-winter and love Nokians.

OP
OP
Mach N Cheese

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
What kind of hit are we talking? I have an ER and the Outposts are something I am thinking about for when the OEMs wear out (already kissing 10,000 miles in 5 or so months.)

I'm getting Nokian Haka 10s this week, but would love a bit more aggressive tire for the non-winter and love Nokians.
Went from 2.4 to 2.2 mi/kwh with the LTs, that's mostly city driving. The LT vs the P versions are at least 10 lbs heavier and have a deeper thread, otherwise the pattern is the same. If I could choose again, I would go with the P rated version of the Outposts.
Sponsored