• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RedLightning86

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning (Lariat). 2009 Escape Hybrid.
Got 4.2.1 couple days ago. But no YouTube. Thought it was supposed to be on 4.1.3.
hopefully you got it. I didn’t see it on mine at first either. But if tap the Entertainment tab at top right of app screen, while in Park, you might see it
Sponsored

VTRedWingsFan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Escape
Occupation
IT delivery
Got 4.2.1.2 yesterday (03/24) when I plugged back in after a run to grocery store.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran
The screen you saw in your truck after 4.2.1 successfully updated was an error by Ford (confirmed). The update did install correctly, just left that phantom screen up.
My Sync revision is 640. Same revision since I’ve had it.
The screen you saw in your truck after 4.2.1 successfully updated was an error by Ford (confirmed). The update did install correctly, just left that phantom screen up.
Sorry, no Revision number change, I’m going say no update vs phantom screen.
The rev version is same at pickup (rev 640). Not missing updates, cause I don’t know what I’m missing. Thanks tho!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My Sync revision is 640. Same revision since I’ve had it.

Sorry, no Revision number change, I’m going say no update vs phantom screen.
The rev version is same at pickup (rev 640). Not missing updates, cause I don’t know what I’m missing. Thanks tho!
I understand your stance.

I had the identical thing happen as you did. For me, I verified via FDRS that the update applied and then also separately verified via an individual with the Ford team. I also reported that screen as an error and the feedback reached the software development team.

If modules updated (gateway) but no APIM (UI) change, I don't think you would see a revision change.

I understand I'm not going to be able to change your mind. Good luck!

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
It seems weird that I am on a Lariat and just now received 4.2.1.2 but not 4.3 with the new UI. Does anyone know why some trucks seem to keep getting new 4.2.x updates rather than 4.3. I wonder if the newer trucks (december 2022) are just on an old release train for some reason. I would like the updated UI :(

Sponsored

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
It seems weird that I am on a Lariat and just now received 4.2.1.2 but not 4.3 with the new UI. Does anyone know why some trucks seem to keep getting new 4.2.x updates rather than 4.3. I wonder if the newer trucks (december 2022) are just on an old release train for some reason. I would like the updated UI :(
Same for me. MY23 Lariat. I never got the prior updates with the UI enhancements but I got both 4.2.1 and 4.2.1.2 after putting the truck on an overnight trickle charge.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Two interesting questions here

Has anyone who isn't Early Access actually received the new UI? I know most people initially were "early access" only for that? A local friend who has an end of the year MY 22 hasn't gotten the new UI update.

Also- My truck is a blend date 5/20/22 and I typically receive most updates day of. It looks like this update (4.2.1.2) is only or MY 23 and maybe late MY 22?

I'm on 4.2.1 with new UI.

These Powerup Updates and their numbering structures are wild. Early on, people who needed a specific update like PAAK would get a Powerup that was non sequential (like a hot fix)., but it seems like this modem is a hot fix but now uses the regular numbering structure.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Under which operational process?
Manual on/off
Remote Start (are your remote start preferences changed)
Departure time (are your preferences changed?)
My heated wheel does not work when started with departure but does work when started with the APP start button. This is since the 4.2.1

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Your picture 👆🏼 is that delivery, or being towed for another reason?

Robilium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning, Tesla S, X, F350 Diesel
Towed due to battery CSA recall

Sponsored

EvilTT

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Ok I'm seriously beyond frustrated. How is it the dealer says I'm fully up to date when my current powerup is in the 4.2 range and you guys are in the later 6.x range?

What should I do?

Ford F-150 Lightning Power-Up 4.2.1.2 - Addresses modem issue Screenshot_20231218-105455

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ok I'm seriously beyond frustrated. How is it the dealer says I'm fully up to date when my current powerup is in the 4.2 range and you guys are in the later 6.x range?

What should I do?
Because Ford does not pay them to perform modules updates and nobody likes to work for free. They will always give you some excuse or say it is up to date. The only way a dealer will update a module(s) is if there is an open campaign, recall, TSB etc that they can bill Ford for. Module updates can take hours to do manually.

EvilTT

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Because Ford does not pay them to perform modules updates and nobody likes to work for free. They will always give you some excuse or say it is up to date. The only way a dealer will update a module(s) is if there is an open campaign, recall, TSB etc that they can bill Ford for. Module updates can take hours to do manually.

So how do I get this piece of crap updated this is getting to be a real source of frustration along with the issues getting my pro connected charger.