• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

4.2.1 update causing new heated seat / steering wheel bug?

gatorsean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Lightning
Howdy! I have a '22 Lariat and immediately after the latest (4.2.1) software update, every day when I start the truck for the first time (regardless of time) the heated seat and heated steering wheel are both turned on. My software update did not include and UI changes or youtube... I have tried disabling departure/comfort and even went the extra step to delete the entire schedule. Before I resort to a master reset, would you have any suggestions to fix this problem?
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Lol, that's a feature not a bug.

Seriously though, it's long been a feature with Ford, when set to auto, it will turn on the heat when it's colder outside.

OP
OP

gatorsean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Lightning
Lol, that's a feature not a bug.

Seriously though, it's long been a feature with Ford, when set to auto, it will turn on the heat when it's colder outside.
Thanks for the reply! I am not sure what you mean be set to auto? I have all of the departure and comfort settings disabled. What should I change if I never want the heated seat or steering wheel on automatically?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Deleting the charge location seems to solve a lot of other similar problems. I also recently got 4.2.1 with no UI update, but haven't had that problem. I'm set to always charge, no departure times or anything else enabled. I'm on level 1 at the moment so I'd rarely hit my target anyways.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
The 2023 manual has it listed on p. 146 under the remote start settings.

Sponsored
OP
OP

gatorsean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Lightning
The 2023 manual has it listed on p. 146 under the remote start settings.
Thanks for the info. I don't think this is related to this bug because I am not using remote start at all (never have even tried it!).

I might still play with those settings and see what happens and report back.

OP
OP

gatorsean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Lightning
Deleting the charge location seems to solve a lot of other similar problems. I also recently got 4.2.1 with no UI update, but haven't had that problem. I'm set to always charge, no departure times or anything else enabled. I'm on level 1 at the moment so I'd rarely hit my target anyways.
OK, Good idea! I will try this first and report back tomorrow.

OP
OP

gatorsean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat Lightning
Deleting the charge location seems to have fixed the problem! Thanks for the help!
Sponsored