• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

50 kWh DC Fast Chargers popping up all over Wisconsin

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
Yeah I really wish folks would use the correct terms. If you are going to be an EV advocate/influencer you really should know the basics that power (kW) used over time (hours, h) = energy (kWh).
And all units are abbreviated lower case except Watts because it is named after a person (James Watt).
kW=kiloWatts (1000 Watts)
I personally am just happy that they own one. I know what they mean and that is all that matters. Like we say chargers rather then EVSE….us technical people know the charger is onboard, but to the normal user does it matter to them, nope not a bit. To them it is “I plug in a cord and it charges my car, therefore it is a charger”. 🤷‍♂️

Mass adoption means less technical people will be owning them. It also means lots and lots of people that are not “advocates” and definitely not “influencers”.

I have had a hybrid, plug-in, or BEV for most of my adult life, not because I was an advocate or trying to influence anyone. I do it because I am frugal and enjoy the reduced energy cost per mile. For me all my power is from green energy so I also enjoy knowing when I charge at home I am doing my part to keep Oregon beautiful so my kids and I can enjoy it long into the future.
Sponsored

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
what I did not like is the PLANNING and 'barely squeeking out the miles' between fast chargers... THAT is the part that needs to change.
Exactly, if you knew that the exit before the EA station you hoped to make it to had random 50kW charging, you'd be way more inclined to try to make it. If you don't make it you could sit for 10 min there and then continue on to the EA. The alternative is what? Sometimes it's there IS no alternative... It makes me more likely to clog up a nearer EA unnecessarily. It's a big reason Bedford in PA is so clogged up. I leave the Pittsburgh area, and most times I can probably make it to Carlisle. I am just too afraid to, and end up charging at Bedford on my way there just in case.