• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Active Air Dam Warning

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1. 2002 Thunderbird 2. 2022 F-150 Lightning Platin
Occupation
Business Owner
I am still getting an "Active Air Dam Warning" every-time I am driving. This can occur 2-3 times when I make stops and get back into the truck. Is a fix being looked at by FORD? My car dealer claims this is so. I jhave my doubts.
Ken
Sponsored

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Dam air dam!

PS. My truck is going to be built next week! :)

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
I read somewhere there is an update that is supposed to fix this. It's just an overly sensitive sensor is my understanding.

Reference

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I am still getting an "Active Air Dam Warning" every-time I am driving. This can occur 2-3 times when I make stops and get back into the truck. Is a fix being looked at by FORD? My car dealer claims this is so. I jhave my doubts.
Ken
Hi Ken! I can look into your Lightning's error message concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

kbuicker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Yes, lots of us are getting the active air dam system fault. I have an appt next week to get mine fixed.
Ford F-150 Lightning Active Air Dam Warning Screenshot 2023-09-28 at 8.37.56 AM

Sponsored

mme_and_lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 2022 Iced White, 2023 Lightning Platinum
The F-150 active air dam is basically a spoiler under the front bumper that automatically deploys and retracts depending on your speed to improve the truck’s aerodynamic efficiency.

I did not know what the air dam is for. If I saw this driving, I would have no idea that it is not a big issue. I know it doesn't say "pull over at next safe stop, or something like that" but it would be worrisome miles from home on a longer trip. Glad I know. Forum is great knowledge base.

Dirt

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L 1994 GMC 2500 6.5 TD
Occupation
Welder
Okay.
I have had the symptoms but, not the fault.
I have taken a few highway trips of about 200 miles in the FL heat.
The first time I noticed the issue, the air dam was deployed in the down position and wedged with the fixed air dam when I got home. It was all crooked as one side tried to retract a little more the the other. I didn't think to document. So sorry.
This time, I got home and noticed the air dam was up but, still wedged.
I would think raising the lower limit of the deployable air dam would help prevent this. Idk

Ford F-150 Lightning Active Air Dam Warning IMG_20240326_162945250_HDR

Ford F-150 Lightning Active Air Dam Warning IMG_20240326_163059081_HDR
Sponsored