• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android Audio Issue

RickSanchez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 RCSB
Occupation
Shepherd
Audio cuts out every 30 seconds or so with Android Auto on a Pixel in my XLT. The same Pixel using Auto works just fine in my Wrangler with an aftermarket head unit. I rented a stock Wrangler last month and Auto worked just fine there too. Apple Car Play works just fine on the XLT. Straight Bluetooth without Auto works just fine.

I don't see much here regarding this issue but other makes have had some intermittent issues. One fix seems to be disabling location services which is a viable option for me. I tried that and it worked for a day or two but we're back to square one. Am I the only one?
Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I have the Pixel 6 and haven't seen any issues. Does it change any if you place it closer to the radio?

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4Ă—4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Wireless or wired Android Auto?

OP
OP

RickSanchez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 RCSB
Occupation
Shepherd
imnuts & dhrandy, great question and I should have provided. The USBC on the dash or wireless have the same issue.

What's particularly interesting is I prefer wireless mode just because I don't like cords from the dash. However, there's no performance difference between direct USB or wireless when viewing maps, making calls, or texting. The issue is only with music. I've tried native, Spotify, and Deezer.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Audio cuts out every 30 seconds or so with Android Auto on a Pixel in my XLT. The same Pixel using Auto works just fine in my Wrangler with an aftermarket head unit. I rented a stock Wrangler last month and Auto worked just fine there too. Apple Car Play works just fine on the XLT. Straight Bluetooth without Auto works just fine.

I don't see much here regarding this issue but other makes have had some intermittent issues. One fix seems to be disabling location services which is a viable option for me. I tried that and it worked for a day or two but we're back to square one. Am I the only one?
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this Android audio concern. Thanks!

pavementends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots of dirt bikes
Occupation
Enginerd
Not sure if our problems are the same because mine will hold connection/audio for hours sometimes and sometimes drops/reconnects a couple times a minute. What's strange is I've figured out that if I pull into the far driveway at work instead of my normal one the connection drops every single time, so I think the issue is location-based in some way. Anyway, new Pixel 6 phone and I got the same message from Ford offering to help but no one ever contacted me. Hope you get better service!

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/android-auto-random-disconnects-and-reconnects.9170/

IronJade

First Name
Rodrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 302a XLT Sport, 2011 BMW 3 series MSport
Occupation
Video Comm Engineer Sr.
Just got my 302a and have had this same issue, happens both wired and wirelessly.

At least the infotainment system still functions, hell the 16' Sierra I just traded in for my truck, the entire unit would go black and would need a truck restart after 5 minute shutdown to work at all again. I'll take intermittent drops in AA.

OP
OP

RickSanchez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 FX4 RCSB
Occupation
Shepherd
IronJade, I don't want to celebrate just yet but had no issues the past two days. Seems the key may be disabling bluetooth scanning on the phone. I have also noticed FAR SNAPPIER performance from the head unit too. Seems there may be some resource contention. I'll report back when I'm sure.