• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android Auto and Sync no longer sharing the screen real estate, Dash Cards mostly gone

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
I don't even know how to ask this question or understand what to do. Earlier versions of Sync/Android Auto allowed for larger tabs in the lower section of the screen so you could have the AA map above, but larger "cards" showing what is playing on the radio, weather, or whatever else. There used to be widget in the upper right of the screen that toggled this, which I believe was controlled by Sync

With the last few changes to Android Auto and/or Sync, it seems like you can no longer have the large cards below the Android Auto part of the screen so now to actually see whats on the Sirius as an example, means you need to completely switch between AA and Sync.

Not sure what to do, as Sync seems to be pretty deprecated by Android Auto at this point
Sponsored

Last edited:

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I think that's just the format now. In my opinion the benefits outweigh the negatives. Your mileage may vary.

OP
OP

nanohead

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E, 23 Lightning ER, 15 F150 XLT, 12 Cayman
Occupation
Engineer
I do like the larger AA format for sure, but it deprecated the ability to customize the screen.

I've been using Sirius built into the car, but maybe its time to switch to the phone version, if the phone will take over the entire screen.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I don't think it's specific to AA. It's like that on Carplay or any screen for that matter, e.g., the built-in navigation app. The new interface with 4.1.2 got rid of the choice to have mid-size bottom cards.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I miss the bottom cards tbh. I liked having a choice in my UI setup.

I use CarPlay. If I'm listening to the radio and on the radio screen and I want to go back to CarPlay, it never goes back to the last app of CarPlay ie Waze (which I use all the time). It goes to my phone favourites. I find that annoying because it requires another click on the touchscreen to go back to the last CarPlay app. Not sure if others have experienced this.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE & 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I also miss the bottom cards. It was great being able to see what was playing on the radio or on Android Auto when those views were not active on the full screen. You can always do what I did and provide that feedback directly to Ford through the feedback tool on the Sync system. Record verbal feedback in the General tab under stmetting and pass it along to them. Hopefully, they eventually find a way to incorporate a change to bring back the cards with more useful information.
Sponsored