• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anyone having this issue? Front Trunk Outlet Cover Not Shut

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
I keep getting this error and wondering if its a software issue or if I need to take in my truck. "Pro Power Onboard Lightning the front trunk outlet is not shut." The cover is shut but constantly getting this message.
Sponsored

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
I got the same message a couple of times, but the outlet cover was open. Closed it, and no more message.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Did you try opening it and closing it again? Sometimes it is the simple things - might be a micro switch in there that got stuck or just on the edge of being closed.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Yes - have had it about 3 times in 10 days. Pushing on it confirmed it was already closed. They have a very finicky switch of some sort. I'm not sure why this is a critical item or message anyway, but they created it, so not sure what they aren't monitoring correctly.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
I had it as well after showing someone the receptacles... an open and close and it stopped complaining.

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Wow, what an incredibly annoying thing to put a switch on.

OP
OP
parabellum85

parabellum85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Did you try opening it and closing it again? Sometimes it is the simple things - might be a micro switch in there that got stuck or just on the edge of being closed.
Unfortunately I have tried that multiple times.

shaikhriz

First Name
rizwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford lighting
Occupation
retired
I keep getting this error and wondering if its a software issue or if I need to take in my truck. "Pro Power Onboard Lightning the front trunk outlet is not shut." The cover is shut but constantly getting this message.
yes happened to me many times

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Touch a magnet to the bottom of the outlet, flip the magnet and touch again. Try the cover now.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

RGC

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Model Y
Yes I had same problem. After a couple months it went away after using outlet a couple times.
Sponsored