• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Apple Maps turn indicator in instrument cluster

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A | 3.5L EB
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
I can’t see anything in the version description for sync right now, it’s blank. Also, my update selections are all grayed out. Anyone else experience this?

0A7086D6-12C3-4D21-B733-BCEC0D1C1DA0.jpeg

7A75CB34-0AEE-4998-B732-B3F0878CD979.jpeg
It's a possibility that your module is in the process of updating the module and the build info is unavailable...
Sponsored

mrpkb

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Raptor Gen2, F250 Tremor 7.3L
Not really sure why you think Apple maps is so shitty. It's not 3 years ago!!!
Apple maps are hands-down better than Google Maps now. The level of details in the maps is crazy (I used to be an avid Google Maps fan)
Yeah my comment was more based on routing rather than map detail

Kaipo

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT Sport 4x4 Ledfoot Grey
I've only had my truck 3 days but I noticed with my android it shows turn by turn on dash but with my wife's apple it doesn't show it

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
Apple maps are hands-down better than Google Maps now. The level of details in the maps is crazy (I used to be an avid Google Maps fan)
What has impressed me more is how it will tell you to "go through this light and turn right at the next one" or stuff like that. It has improved greatly from when it first came out, I bounce back between it and WAZE. I wish it would show traffic like Google does, I know it 'monitors' traffic using TomTom's data, but a visual is nice if you are try to decide if you want to stop ahead at some crazy gas station like buc-ees or go down a few exists where the traffic isn't crazy.

BigTex22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford F-150 King Ranch
So just so I’m clear, this only works with a non-Apple phone (Android), correct?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
So just so I’m clear, this only works with a non-Apple phone (Android), correct?
It seems to work WITH Apple AFTER your truck receives the latest OTA update.

Android phones already are supported even without the update.

HDT05

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat FX4 5.0
I read somewhere here that there is a setting where you can disable the nav turn by turn showing up on the cluster....

does anyone know where this is as I really don't like the readjustment of the cluster when the nav is on...
Sponsored