• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Audio with a mind of it’s own

MAG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2023 Lightning ER that has a habit of turning the stereo on by itself after powering up the truck.I assume it’s a software issue.Dealer has no idea,wondered if anyone else has this issue?
Sponsored

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I don't think I understand your question.

If your stereo was on when you powered down it will come back on when you power back up.

OP
OP
MAG

MAG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I realize that if stereo was left on when truck was powered down it will come on when powered up,I always turn stereo off when I’m done with vehicle. What I’m saying is my stereo turns itself on when I power up,even though I haven’t touched stereo.Doesn’t do it all the time though…

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
It could be your Bluetooth auto resuming. Check your phone settings for that.

Sponsored

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
Auto play on your Apple? It is annoying as heck but all the newer cars that I have been in have done it. Try turning off bluetooth. I don’t know what kind of genius decided that I want a random track from my phone playing about 20 seconds after I start the car. The best trick is for it to play the opening of “Hamilton” (Bam bam buuh da Bam Bam!) while I’m backing out of a parking lot onto a busy street.

I imagine that if you have some ‘spicy’ songs it on your phone, it will chose to play that one when you give your boss a ride.

OP
OP
MAG

MAG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for info so far, I suppose I should of mentioned this happens when stereo is on SiriusXM or FM so it dosen‘t appear to be a Bluetooth issue. Some of the times it’s happened when I don‘t even have my phone within range of truck. In fact,even if it happens when phone is in truck it is never a playlist off phone. Dosen‘t happen all the time,just enough to be annoying.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2023 Lightning ER that has a habit of turning the stereo on by itself after powering up the truck.I assume it’s a software issue.Dealer has no idea,wondered if anyone else has this issue?
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
MAG

MAG

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Lightning concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Hi,here is my vin:1FT6W1EV9PWG08741
Uxbridge Ford,Uxbridge,On,Canada
Thank You

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
I imagine that if you have some ‘spicy’ songs it on your phone, it will chose to play that one when you give your boss a ride.
For that, you need to get a song called "The Rodeo Song" by a group called Showdown. Also good for heavy traffic.

Best. Chorus. Ever.

Google the lyrics! ;)
Sponsored