• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Auto rear gate adjustment

mcrichardson

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 lightning lariat
I installed a tri fold soft cover for my bed. The auto gate reverses when it hits cover. I can push on it when it gets close and am able to close it. Does anyone now if theer is a tension adjustment for gate something like on auto garage door.
Sponsored

Zaptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER and 2023 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Rodeo clown
Following, but I don't think so... I have to close my tailgate first, then my SmartCap, or it does the same and drops back down. Makes sense to avoid chopping fingers off like carrots... like a Cybertruck... :eek:
Ford F-150 Lightning Auto rear gate adjustment Tesla-Cybertruck-Carrot-2048x1152

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I installed a tri fold soft cover for my bed. The auto gate reverses when it hits cover. I can push on it when it gets close and am able to close it. Does anyone now if theer is a tension adjustment for gate something like on auto garage door.
I had to adjust the tonneau to move it slightly forward and the issue stopped.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
No adjustment.

duncanmaio

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Atlas Blue
No, but the gasket on the cover will find its happy place in time and the tailgate won’t get stuck. Took a couple of months with mine.
Sponsored